Monday 23 January 2017

THE Nude Lipliner - Charlotte Tilbury Lip cheat in Pillow Talk


Charlotte Tilbury Lip Cheat in Pillow Talk 2
Why is it whenever someone mentions 'Pillowtalk' I immediately go between singing a few words from the Zayn song, and rushing to see if they pull out this glorious lip pencil from Charlotte Tilbury.. is that weird? Sure, pillow talk is meant to be the secretive, sometimes laden talk between couples as they lay side by side in bed, and perhaps this Charlotte Tilbury number is meant to reflect the plumpness of lips that can happen after multiple kisses? I suppose I can theorise all day about where names come from, and their inspiration, but just know this: this stuff lasts. I was scrubbing it off my arm in the swatch, so you can only imagine how long it lasts whilst on the lips.

Pillow Talk is one of those shades that's super close to the natural lip colour, so it can be used to over exaggerate the lip line, to create added fullness, or balance out uneven lips. One side of my lips is rounder than the other, so when I do wear lipstick, I do like to try and balance it out, but it's not always possible. Deep reds and bright colours tend to draw attention to an overdrawn lipline, but it's not such a big thing anymore. I'll say this, Kylie Jenner really brought lipliner back into the forefront of social culture, but it's been something that our mothers and grandmothers did for many years before. Lip lining never went away. Much like contouring, these beauty tricks come in waves, crashing back over us as 'new trend' when makeup artists and drag queens have been using them for years.
Charlotte Tilbury Lip Cheat in Pillow Talk
It's a pinky-nude, more brown than another one of my favourite lipliners, Rimmel's Eastend Snob, and a bit more long lasting. Lip Cheat's are waterproof, paraben free and last for up to six hours with minimal drying and discomfort. The lip cheat's formula tends to glide more than most lipliners, as a lot tend to be so dry that they drag across the lip, and Pillow Talk just doesn't do that.

As Charlotte says herself, these Lip Cheats will help you 'cheat your way to the perfect lip', and if you've seen her tutorials, then you'll know that Pillow Talk is one of her go-to's for most nude lip looks, or when she just wants to enhance the shape of the mouth. It's £16, and I bought it from my local John Lewis. Trust me, you want to go and try this out, if not for the formula and delightful packaging, then go for the response that this makeup gets from older women. In my Cardiff store, a lady exclaimed that she loved the look of everything, especially the packaging of the Beach Stick Blushers, which reminded her of a Pan Stick so much, that she was determined to buy it. I love that it brought back so memory and fondness; that's what makeup should be about. Enhancing the good and concealing the bad.
Charlotte Tilbury Lip Cheat in Pillow Talk 1

Charlotte Tilbury Lip Cheat in Pillow Talk swatch
Pillow Talk is one for all ages, and all skin tones. Trust me, you need to check it out. Get the Charlotte Tilbury staple from John Lewis, Selfridges or Charlotte Tilbury herself (here).

Next on my Charlotte Tilbury wish list: Pillow Talk Matte lipstick and The Complete Natural Glowing Look which features a selection of products.





SHARE:

4 comments

  1. I just got the Pillow Talk Matte Lipstick it is so pretty, I need to try the CT liners.

    EmmysBeautyCave | Blog Header Designs | Instagram

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks so gorgeous, Rebecca! I really need to jump in and try this brand, I've heard too much great stuff about them!!

    Zoe | nuggetstumpblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for sharing :) Please visit our site: Blogger Gallery

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ahhh I'm longing to try this, it looks so beautiful, especially through your lens! :D xx

    elizabeth ♡ ”Ice Cream” whispers Clara
    (lets follow each other on bloglovin or instagram)

    ReplyDelete

© bexhowells. All rights reserved.
Blogger templates by pipdig