Sunday 2 June 2013

Last of the true romantics



Now, who doesn't like a bit of Pink? No one I'm aware of. I think there's something so romantic about the colour, but then again, you already knew that, didn't you? Pink being romantic? Pfft, it's been done. It's not explicitly romantic,   like the colour red, but it's soft and gentle, a colour that if you're as pale as me, is very well suited. That good ol' English Rose look is my go-to for everyday, although I do prefer something a bit smokier for a night out. The above items, are something I wear when i'm feeling quite fanciful, and have to cheer myself up, the beauty of a long distance relationship, I suppose, haha. 




These colours do have some similarities, aside from being somewhat related to the colour pink, they're some of my firm favourites because they have something rosy about it, that I just adore. 

(1) Maybelline Super stay gel nail colour in Nude Rose, is a gorgeous colour, perfect for a day with wavy hair and a slick of Bourjois lipstick in Rose Tweed. I'm a sentimentalist, and this just make me think of days out walking with the Gent, (what i'll be referring to my boyfriend as), the tip wear is as to be expected, and only really started to show after a few serious meetings with the dishes, so I was very impressed with it. 

(2) Barbara Daly Gel Finish Nail polish in Cola Cube is a deep, kind of shimmery bronze gold, a sort of rose gold that looks divine on the nails. It's a gel colour much like the Maybelline, and lasts very well, although it is quite small compared to the others, for £5, and for the colour pay off, I think it's wonderful. 

(3) Essie nail polish in Flawless, was from Glossybox, I forget which one, but as soon as I saw it, I was like 'Oooh, new pink'. It has the typical Essie brush, and staying power, so I was impressed with it, as I am with all the other Essie's. The colour is more 'pink' than the other, more of a classic no nonsense pink.

(4) Rimmel 60 Seconds Nails polish in Rose Libertine. This has become quite a beauty blogger staple, thanks to icovetthee and essiebutton, so imagine my surprise when I realised that I already had it. I felt quite surprised by my foresight, haha. The colour is a divine dark pink, and it makes me yearn for a lipstick in the same colour. Any thoughts?

(5) Essie Nail polish in Delicacy is decidedly not pink, but it does remind me of romantic, tender times, and i'm not very sure why. It's a very sheer colour, and takes multiple coats for it to show it's true colour, but like its name suggests, it's delicate and wonderful.

(6) ELF nail polish in Nude is another nail polish that takes multiple coats, unlike the first four polishes in this list, but the pay off is subtle and truly lovely, a sweet nude colour that can be worn anywhere for any occasion.


Now for the blushes, which are all differing shades and formulas, and ideal for any time of day. I don't think there's anything better than a flush of pink on a crisp morning, with glowing skin and a slick of black eyeliner. It sounds heavenly, doesn't it?

(1) Barbara Daly Velvet blush in English Rose is soft, and like it's name suggests, velvet to the touch and with a subtle flush of colour which can be built to provide a more wind kissed look. It's very pigmented, and whilst it looks quite bright in the packaging, it goes on like a dream.

(2) Maxfactor Miracle Creamy blush in Soft Pink, and i'm proud to say, was another purchase made before it became a blogger staple. Although, I would have purchased after the numerous reviews, as it's just a wonderful shade. It's creamy, somewhat sticky when you apply it with your fingers, but it blends so well, that it gives a lovely flush of colour, as if someone really good looking just said hello to you, that kind of flush. Well, I suppose that depends on how much you blush, yes? It's my kind of a blush then... a little one?

(3) Bourjois blush in Ashes of Roses, is so dusky, and pigmented, that it only takes a small sweep of a brush to get the desired look, and it gives that kind of hauntingly beautiful look, which I tend to go for quite often.

(4) Bourjois Cream blush in Rose Tender is my blush of the moment. Seriously. I put this on everyday. Brilliant for work, going out, everywhere. So much so, I kind of ignored my other blushes for quite sometime, but who can blame me? They're creamy and delightful, giving a glowing appearance when applied with your fingertips.


The lipstick portion of a post is always very exciting for me, considering that two years ago, I wouldn't have been caught dead wearing anything on my lips aside from lip balm. Oh yes, it was that bad. But I have been converted since seeing the error of my ways.

(1) No7 Stay perfect lipstick in Classic Rose is a lovely colour, so much so, my mother has taken to stealing it whenever she comes into my room, but what can you expect? It's a soft, pigmented rose colour that can be worn with any look, as I feel that it gives just a finished look to anything you have on your face, even if it's just a bb cream and your go to mascara.

(2) Barbara Daly cream colour in Posy, is bright, brighter than I would usually go for a pink, but I saw the colour in Tesco and swatched it, which you'll be able to see from my Instagram, I love wandering into Tesco and drawing all over my hand. My mother despairs at me, haha. It's bright, and very pink, but I just love it. It's not an everyday look for me, because I still feel rather hesitant when it comes to bright colour on my lips.

(3) Bourjois Rouge Edition in Rose Tweed is gorgeous. Full Stop. Exclamation point, even. It was a bit of a random purchase, as I had been looking to purchase a red, no 14 I think? But my local Boots was out of stock, so I swatched a few more, and fell in love with this dusky, rosy pink. It's everything I ever wanted in a lipstick, but never knew I wanted, you know?

(4) Revlon Just Bitten Kissable Lipstain in Honey is my go-to on the go, as it's so easy to apply. Slick on, and then rubbing a finger over afterwards, just to make sure it doesn't look too heavy. I wear it in work when my lip colour needs a top up as it almost permanently resides in my bag. It's a kind of purple-y pink on me, but it stains the lips, and keeps them flush with colour for a good few hours, perfect when you're on the go and want something subtle. 


Last but certainly not least, is Maybelline Colour Tattoo 24 Hour in Pink Gold, and it's divine. Whenever I wear it,    smudged across the lids with a finger, I just love the way it looks, a kiss of colour with a hint of shimmer, perfect for warm evenings, as i've discovered the last few days. Team with a strong brow, this colour is the essence of romanticism for me, delicate but with a bit of punch from the shimmery glitter. Adore it.

These are my favourite pinks at the moment, reminding me of fond memories with the Gent and friends. What are your favourite pinks at the moment? Which products remind you of your favourite memories?


SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© bexhowells. All rights reserved.
Blogger templates by pipdig