Thursday 28 May 2015

Post Holiday: Duty Free Makeup with Clinique and Estee Lauder

Duty Free makeup 1

Annnnnd I'm back from my holiday! *simultaneously cheers and cries* It was wonderful! But I'm sure you'll figure that out for yourself once I post all my holiday pictures... prepare to want to go to this hotel. Seriously, it is gooooorgeous. But hey, y'know what always makes me feel better after coming back from a Holiday? Obviously, the duty free. Ahhhh, duty free. The place where you buy things and feel no guilt... or is that just me? After going through security and waiting for my flight out of Dalaman Airport, what's there to do but have a good ol' nose in the duty free? And my goodness it was worth it. Chanel, Guerlain, Estee Lauder, OPI, Clinique, Dior - this airport had it all, and believe me, I had to restrain myself. I could have easily spent a small fortune, which would make my bargain holiday a bit less of a steal... But hey, let's talk about the goodies I bought. Bring on the Clinique and Estee Lauder! 

Duty Free makeup Clinique 2

Two lip products, an eyeshadow stick, a mascara and a bronzer. Quite a haul if I do say so myself. I know what you're thinking though. 'What colour is that amazing Clinique Lip Pop?!' and yes, it is Melon Pop. I think it's the most lusted after colour... something I wasn't aware of when I actually bought it, but hey, good taste ;) In my local airport (Cardiff) I started off my Clinique shopping with two Chubby Sticks, one for lips from the Intense range in Chunkiest Chilli (£17, here) and one for eyes in Bountiful Beige (£17, here). These were two products I used throughout my holiday, and it was basically my lipstick of choice for the evening meals as well as just chilling out by the pool. A sheer red is perfect for all occasions, especially when it glides on as well as this Clinique Chubby Stick does. I love how easy it is to just slick on, as it moisturises and gives such an intense pop of colour. For my second duty free purchase, I really fancied the look of the Chubby Sticks for eyes and as there were so many colours, I thought I would start with the colour that I would get most use out of, and it's the palest, most neutral shade. A soft beige, champagne colour that I love applied all over the eyelid, as well as in the corner of the eye, as I find it opens up the whole eye, making everything look so much brighter and awake. Something I definitely need. Not only are they so simple to apply because of their formula, their packaging, as chubby sticks makes touchups so hassle free, which for holiday makeup, is everything I never knew I needed.

Now, at Dalaman airport, Clinique jumped out at me again! And it's their newest release, their Lip Pops; after some careful swatching and talking to the makeup counter ladies, I sussed out that Melon Pop was the colour for me. Bright, but not too bright with a formula that screamed 'I am going to be amazing', it quickly made its way into my basket. Not only is the packaging so minimal and gorgeous, but the way it applies makes me think that this isn't going to be the only Lip Pop (£17, here) in my collection, as I do have my eye on a few reds for when long Summer nights call for a moisturising red lip. (As for the swatches below, the order are actually inverted - so the lip pop first, and then the intense chubby stick is last)

Duty Free makeup Clinique 4

Duty Free makeup Clinique Swatches 5

Duty Free makeup Estee Lauder 3

Yes, that's right. A bronzer. Me, with a bronzer! Well, with a slight tan on my skin, or a nice golden glow as I like to think of it, I felt like a little bronzer on my face would keep that sunkissed look for as long as possible; and to be honest, I do love the look. A little bit of colour not only makes me look more alive and awake, but healthy as well, with my dark circles looking a bit more hidden under my bronze glow. I got the lightest shade (01 Light) but still find that Estee Lauder's Bronze Goddess Bronzer (£32, here) needs to be blended to avoid tide marks and make it look more natural. Maybe in the Summertime, once everything is more tanned, then it wouldn't look as harsh unblended. It has a soft golden shimmer to it, that looks so illuminating on the skin that I can go without highlighter and instead bask in the glow that it gives me. It lasts all day, so for me, keeping up a healthy, tanned look when I'm usually so pale, is super simple and easy to achieve - perfect for lazy girl tanning. Lastly, is Estee Lauder's Sumptuous Waterproof Mascara in Black (£21, here) and this was more of a 'Hey, I need a new mascara, let's try this one' and it really doesn't budge. Not smudging or panda eyes for me, especially with my oily skin, this is wonderful to keep on all day. It separates lashes so well, and gives a lovely curl, that although doesn't last all day, it still makes me look awake and my lashes looking fab. 

I'm going to do more in-depth reviews on these fabulous products, so if you'd like to see anything first, let me know! And I'm trying out a new size of photography images on here, what do you think? Too big? What are your favourite products to buy in duty free? 

Duty Free makeup Estee Lauder 6

Duty Free makeup Estee Lauder Swatch 7
SHARE:

3 comments

  1. Great haul! Glad that you enjoyed your holiday. :)

    Daniella | Freshly Pressed Beauty x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great haul! Glad that you enjoyed your holiday. :)

    Daniella | Freshly Pressed Beauty x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great haul, duty free is such a great way to perk yourself up on your way home from holiday!! These products look amazing :) xx
    http://www.ruthyb1.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete

© bexhowells. All rights reserved.
Blogger templates by pipdig