Sunday 31 May 2015

Post Holiday: The makeup I actually used during my week away.

Holiday Makeup 2

Keeping on the holiday track, I wanted to do a post on not only the makeup I took, but the makeup I actually used. I know they sound similar, but they weren't. I took foundation... which I didn't use, five lipsticks, which again I didn't use and pressed powder... yeah, didn't use that either. What's pictured are products that I used and couldn't do without, as although I didn't wear much makeup in the day, I wanted to look a bit glamorous for the evening - which although no one really dressed up for, I felt rather lovely. Always better to be overdressed than under, I believe. But let's get back to the makeup. It's a mixture of high end and complete bargains that I can't be without, such as the Makeup Revolution palettes, which cover basically any eye look that I wanted to achieve. For £4 each, the palettes covered all manners of shimmer and mattes, making them not only inexpensive choices for holidays but ones that can create any look; I chose Essential Mattes (here) and Iconic 3 (here) as they were the perfect mix of cool and warm tones, so depending on my mood and my tan, I could do a soft smokey eye or just stick with something matte and simple for the evening. The combinations are endless. Another offering from Makeup Revolution is their Goddess of Love highlighter (here) which is a gorgeous champagne colour, and it gives the most gorgeous glow - perfect for a holiday, as it gives a 'glowing from within' look especially when dusted over bare arms and legs. Trust me on this. A big, fluffy powder brush and this highlighter will leave all of you glowing.

Although I was on holiday, I still needed a bit of concealer just to make me look more alive and lovely whilst I tanned, and two products that are amazing for that are Rimmel's Wake Me Up Concealer (£5.49, here) and Maybelline's Eraser Eye Concealer (£7.99, here), both of which are so good at concealing dark circles, yet highlighting all the good bits, so you skin look awake and glowy. I didn't see the need for foundation, since I'd be tanning (safely of course) and all of my foundation is made for me at my palest - so mixing concealer, highlighter and a contour with my tanning skin seemed like the best look for me. Speaking of contour, I took two products, a powder and a cream just so I could cover all the bases; Illamasqua's Cream Pigment in Hollow (£17.50, here) and Sleek's Contour Kit in Light (£6.49, here) represent only only either ends of the spectrum in terms of price, but also cream vs powder, which I would used depending on my mood and how much definition I wanted for my cheekbones. I think I'll do a little post on both of these, so I can go into more depth, so keep your eyes out for that one. Two more products before I focus on the eye/brow area, and they are Clinique's Cheek Pop in Peach Pop (£16.50, here) which is my go-to blusher right now, as the colour is leaves is just divine! As well as a little sample of Benefit's Porefessional Primer (Full size £24.50, here) which is a lovely primer to set makeup for the day/evening, and not have it run all off your face in the heat.

Another Benefit product that I took, and am completely obsessed with is their Gimme Brow Gel (£18.50, here) which brushes and sets my brows, making them look not only brushed to perfection but I know that they're not going to be looking errant throughout my day of haggling for bargains at the Turkish Bazaar. A well tamed brow sets my day up very nicely. One other brow products that I am obsessed with at the moment, is Anastasia Beverly Hills' Dipbrow Pomade in Medium Brown (£15, here) which I apply with a slanted eyeliner brush (the one from Real Techniques is good for that) and it leaves me looking fierce all day. I'm a big brow fan, so knowing they're under control makes me feel awesome. And lastly, two High Street additions to round out my Holiday makeup and they're from Revlon and Maxfactor. Revlon's Grow Luscious Mascara in Waterproof Black (£9.99, here) is something that I swear by to hold the curl in my lashes, as well as not to run down my face when I go swimming. And you know what, it didn't run. Not when I swam in the sea, or the pool; I count that as quite a success! From Maxfactor is the only cream eyeshadow I took with me, their Excess Shimmer Eyeshadow in Copper (£7.99, here), which blends and lasts like a dream. It opens up the eye and looks like a more champagne esc colour to me, than copper, but I suppose the colour would build up if you applied a few layers. I simply apply it like a luminous base, and then blend a darker colour into the crease and lash line. It's a winner by me.

What makeup essentials do you take on holiday with you? Any products that you take and don't use? Let me know.


Holiday Makeup 3

SHARE:

2 comments

  1. I am absolutely terrible at holiday make up packing-I always overpack!

    I really do want to try that Maybelline concealer-its on my list for when I go to the States next month

    Stacey | Expat Make-Up Addict xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like what you have picked, I love to use the Maybelline concealer and the gimme brow too x

    Zoe Mountford x

    ReplyDelete

© bexhowells. All rights reserved.
Blogger templates by pipdig