Tuesday 2 June 2015

Post Holiday: What I took on the flight and actually used.

Holiday - Carry on Flight Skincare 1

I'm not going to start this post by lying to you and saying that I knew exactly what I wanted to take on the flight with me. I really, really didn't. The clear plastic bag was haunting me, and since it had been years since I'd been on a plane - I wasn't quite sure what I'd need, or how I'd look once I arrived in Turkey. But then I thought about it logically. That didn't help. I then scoured the internet for suggestions, and that actually did help me. I wanted a lip balm for dehydrated lips, a do-it-all moisturiser for dehydrated everything else, a lipstick, a powder that would make me look alive and a hand sanitiser, which is just good sense. As well as a few bobby pins incase I wanted to get my hair out of my face.

In the search for help on what to take, I came across numerous pictures of all manners of items/products that people took with them and my first thought was 'Surely you won't use all of that?'.  Why weigh down a bag that you know is going to be full, of magazines/books/your duty free purchases, with products that you won't use? I thought about taking hand cream, eczema cream, eye cream - basically all the creams, just in case I needed them, and the thought occurred to me; I'm not going to be giving myself a facial on a 5 hour flight, so surely I was being ridiculous? Yes, yes I was. I noticed a dry patch on my hand - that was dealt with by Embryolisse Lait-Créme Concentré (£13, here) which is so lovely and thick, I cannot recommend the 30ml enough for flights! Dry elbows, knees or anything? It'll deal with it. Dry lips had to contend with Dr Pawpaw Peachy Pink Balm (£6.95, here) which not only gave a little pinch of colour, but stopped my lips from getting too dry, which I find that they do with the air-con on planes. Lastly for the skincare, is an essential and Carex's Aloe Vera Hand Gel (£1, here) made sure everything was properly sanitised after a trip to the toilet. So far, so essential.

Makeup, whilst not necessarily essential products to have, I felt like I needed a pick-me-up after a long day of travelling, and what better for an instant pop of colour than a lipstick. L'Oreal's Colour Riche Matte lipstick in Erotique (£6.99, here) is perfect so a slick of colour that doesn't budge for a good few hours, so popping some on not long before the plane lands meant that I was presentable right up until we got to our hotel room. Score! Another product which is brilliant for adding colour and glow is Soap & Glory's Glow All Out Luminizing Face Powder (£11, here) - the best peachy, pink powder for perking up my skin. It looks gorgeous on pale and tanned skin, so can be worn travelling to, during and back from your holiday - I certainly wore it almost everyday. So these are my choices, tested and proved, for my inflight handbag and I hope they give you a clear view of what's needed. What are your flight essentials? 

SHARE:

1 comment

  1. In the past i've always taken way too much on board a plane with me, and I never get round to using hardly any of it. I always keep a tube of Dr Pawpaw Balm on me though - it's such a great, multipurpose product!

    Antonia x | Fifi and the Diamonds

    ReplyDelete

© bexhowells. All rights reserved.
Blogger templates by pipdig