Tuesday 16 June 2015

My Estée Lauder Relationship and Skincare & Makeup Favourites.

Estee Lauder Makeup Skincare 3

I've always had a slight obsession with Estée Lauder. My mother used to use their skincare on her face, still does actually, and their amazing Advanced Night Repair (£44, here) was one of my first major skincare purchases - one that I do not regret, and will continue to purchase, as it's just so good. My skin drinks it up and although I don't use it every night, as it is quite rich, I can't imagine my bedside table without it. It sits there, looking regal with its golden top, pipet full of wondrous fluid that soaks into my skin, making it all glowy and radiant. I could go on and on... and on, but I won't. I think you all get how much I adore this product. I've had it for about a year or so, maybe under, but there's still a quarter left, and when it runs out, I'll be heading over to Boots to buy another bottle (only after crying, mourning the loss of my first bottle of liquid gold). I know some may think that at 23, I'm too young to be looking after my skin, or spending too much money on skincare - but I love my skin. I know what affects it, what makes it glow... and sadly, what makes it look dull and grey. I don't see the point of having good makeup if my skin routine isn't up to scratch. Yes, of course, skin texture and evenness comes with time, but I think if you cleanse, tone and moisturise properly, then everything just sits better. My skincare collection probably amounts to a ridiculous amount of money, but I wouldn't have it any other way. Some people buy handbags, some shoes, some cars etc, I buy skincare and makeup. Although if you do buy all of those things, I am jealous because you're living the dream. 

Estee Lauder Skincare ANR 5

Estee Lauder Bronze Goddess bronzer 6

Anywho, back to Estée Lauder. Makeup for me, is a relatively new route that I've taken with them. I've been a skincare lover of theirs for years (yes, that does include stealing a few drops of my mums ANR) as well as their little skincare sets you get when in duty free, but makeup... that's new. My first memories of their makeup are from my Auntie, who always had these dark brown lipsticks in embossed golden cases, and I remember thinking, I'm going to have one of those one day. I used to love playing in her makeup as she put it on - palettes of eyeshadows, mosaics of golden bronzing pearls and so many lipsticks. She may have influenced me without even realising it. I wanted those cylindrical cases of lipstick, in so many dark shades, as a collection of my own and although I don't own a lipstick from them yet (I always get so overwhelmed by choice the times I go look, I simply cannot decide. Seriously, someone should make a decision for me) but I will, one day. The first product that caught my eye, was their Bronze Goddess Powder Bronzer (£32, here) as the tortoiseshell casing reminded me of a retro pair of sunglasses my mum had given me from when she was young. Yes, packaging drew me in, but it was the formula and glow that sold me. You know I wasn't a bronzer girl beforehand. I was blush and illuminator, firmly stepping away from anything that brought colour to my face that wasn't pink or coral: but now, as I grow older I think a bit of colour actually makes me look more awake and present (always helping for a 7am start in work). My dark circles don't look as severe, and believe me, they're hidden under foundation and two different types of concealer, but still show through - I think something in the bronzer counteracts the blueish purple hues and makes me look like one of the living. Huzzah! I'm always loving looking like an alive person.

The powder is so finely milled and smooth on the skin, and when dusted over my cheekbones, it takes a few dabs to build up the intensity, which for me is just as it should be. I don't want splotches of bronze and pale skin - I want a natural golden tone, and that's what this Bronze Goddess Bronzer gives me. It's such a wide pan that I can swirl my powder brush in it and still feel like I haven't used too much product as you know, I'm very protective over precious things (My precioussssss). It's a product I seem myself using for years and years, as it's one of those colours that's timeless and fabulous for us pale girls who want a bit of colour. I purchased it in the palest shade (On the back of mine it says 01 Light, but on the website it's listed as 'Cool, Warm, Neutral and Rich Deep', so maybe swatching in store will be best to discover which one is right for you) and it suits me to a tee. Another product that suits me, is their Lash Multiplying Volume Mascara (£23, here) or as I like to call it, their Sumptuous Extreme Waterproof mascara which goes onto the lashes as the blackest of black mascara - and I love that. My lashes look so dark and intense, as well as lengthened. They look so wonderful, that combined with a precise cat eye slick of liquid liner, my eyes can go from natural to va-va voom in a few minutes with very minimal effort. I'm a huuuuge fan of the brush (see here) as it applies the product so well - separating lashes whilst curling them and coating them so they're ridiculously dark. It's a very creamy formula, and not only will it not budge all day, you don't even have to use that much of it to get your desired look. Brilliant, no?

My love for Estée Lauder only seems to be growing with age. From golden eyeshadow palettes given to me by my mum when I was a young teen, to my first purchase of Advanced Night Repair, my love for Estée Lauder is going from strength to strength. Now if only I could get someone to choose me the perfect lipstick from them. Any takers? 

Estee Lauder Makeup Mascara Bronzer 4

Estee Lauder Makeup Skincare 7

Estee Lauder Makeup Skincare
SHARE:

1 comment

© bexhowells. All rights reserved.
Blogger templates by pipdig