Friday 12 June 2015

What's in my current Makeup bag.

What's in my Makeup Bag 1

What's in my Makeup Bag 2

If you're incredibly nosy I like am, then you like to know what products people are buying, what they think and what they keep in their makeup bags. For me there are many essentials, and these are the ones that are keeping my face looking pleasant and alive... which is all the more difficult when you're as pale as I am. But enough about that, let's talk about all the fabulousness in my makeup bag. To start, I've got my Real Techniques makeup brushes, which are their powder and contour brushes - two brushes that I swear by, as they're so damn good. The powder brush is used to dust on my Estee Lauder Bronze Goddess Bronzer (£32, here) (which is omg so good, I don't think I can stop talking about it) and the contour brush is for applying my Illamasqua Cream Pigment in Hollow (£17, here), which for pale girls is the ultimate contouring colour. It has that slightly ashy, grey tinge to it, that I find works so well with pale skin - it doesn't make my skin look orange, it just provides a simple contour that blends into the skin without making me looking really weird. All in all, it's the go-to contour for me, pale skin and all. I would definitely recommend it for those who want a subtle but defined contour without wanting to use the darker, more brown colours which can look too harsh when applied with a heavy hand.

Popping back to the tools of the trade, one of my essentials is a brilliant moisturiser, and I struggle to find one better, or more travel friendly than Embryolisse's Lait-Créme Concentre (£13, here) which is a moisturiser, primer and also a makeup remover (who would have known, right?) - triple whammy! I spoke about it last year here and I'm on my second tube right now, as this stuff is perfect for on the go hydration thanks to its super durable packaging. I even took it on holiday with me, and packed it into my flight bag - that's when you know you've got a good'un on your hands. On top of that, I've been leaving out foundation, and instead just applying concealer, as not only do I find it easy to do some mornings, but my skin has been in good shape recently, so I haven't felt like I need a face a foundation, whether light or fuller coverage. I just slick on some of Rimmel's Wake me up concealer  (£5.49, here) followed by Maybelline's Eraser Eye concealer and that's my base done! But most days I can just get away with the concealer from Rimmel, as I'm fond of a light base... just as long as it covers up my dark circles and the redness around my nose.

After calming down the colour in my face, i.e the redness in my cheeks and around my nose, I like to inject a bit of colour back into it, and my blusher of choice is the amazing Clinique Cheek Pop in Peach (£16.50, here) which is basically what I've been using solidly for a month. It has a pretty creamy texture that blends like a dream, and I apply that gently with a stippling brush before dusting on some serious bronzer. Estee Lauder has seriously changed me into a bronzer lover, and that is something I never expected. Continuing on the Clinique route, is their Lip Pop Lipstick and Primer in Melon (£16, here), which is pretty much the colour in my opinion, although I do definitely want to get a few reds, as they're so ridiculously beautiful and last so long. Melon pop is quickly becoming a favourite of mine since I bought it in the duty free, and speaking of duty free, their Chubby Stick Eyeshadow in Bountiful Beige (£17, here) is also becoming a favourite. How did I ever do without it? I just apply it all over the eyelid, blend out the edges slightly and that's it. Not only does it open up the inner eye when applied there, but it makes me look awake - and I know you all know I love it when I look awake (it's doesn't happen as often as I'd like). Sticking on the same route - that being eyes, a quick mention to a mascara that literally doesn't move until I take it off at night, and that's Estee Lauder's Sumptuous Extreme Waterproof Mascara (£21, here); it makes my lashes look so dark and intense, as well as long and luscious - I'm still working on getting the best curl, but ugh, it's so good. It doesn't move an inch all day, and I'm usually one who gets smudge marks under her eyes and on her eyelids but this, naaaa, doesn't go anywhere.

Last, but not least, and let's hear it for the brows! What did I do without the pomade from Anastasia Beverly Hills (£15, here)? Yes, I wasn't sold on it the first few times that I used it, but this stuff is like whipped , creamy goodness and once you get the hang of it, it's simply so amazing to use. I apply it with an angled eyeliner brush and feather in in gradually. It sounds like it might take ages, but I can get my brows done in two minutes, which I think is a big accomplishment for me. What products are in your makeup bag right now? Any amazingness that I should know about?  

What's in my Makeup Bag 3

What's in my Makeup Bag 4
SHARE:

2 comments

  1. Such a great post and great photography! Also I love the metallic makeup bag.

    http://www.dianavilic.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. The new Clinique lipsticks are so stunning! I definitely want to add one to my collection.

    nueyork.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

© bexhowells. All rights reserved.
Blogger templates by pipdig