Wednesday 10 June 2015

The Glow Getters: Three powders that give you that instant glow.

Makeup Glow 5

Makeup Glow 1

I love a good glow. I may be having a dull skin day, and we all have those; the days where your base is on, and it's flat... there's nothing going on at all... that's when I know the highlighter has to come out, and be applied in a rather sun-flushed fashion. It needs to be brushed over all the areas the sun would hit, should I be out strolling in the sun, seeking out a glow. The tops of the cheekbones, down the nose, the tops of the brows and a dusting by the hairline - I can do this with all three of these powders, with only one being technically a highlighter. Makeup Revolution's Goddess of Love Highlighter is £4.99 (here) and it's glorious. I did a full review of it over here in March and I still cannot get enough of it. It's almost a permanent attachment to my makeup bag, as well as these other two powders. I use it to balance out the dullness of my skin that comes with dark circles - my holiday did improve them slightly, maybe it's a sign that I should be on a lifelong holiday - if only, right? 

Another powder/highlighter/luminizing product is the offering from Soap & Glory, their Glow all Out (£11, here) is a soft pink/coral esc powder that when dusted onto the skin, it lifts and illuminates, giving the cheeks not only a hint of colour which can replace blusher, but it makes me look more alive and that's something I'm a big fan of. For me, this is my first go-to product after my base, as I like to pop this on the apples of the cheeks, cheekbones, chin and forehead as I find that it gives the appearance of 'lift and life', meaning everything is looking lively and bright. Just the kind of look I want at 6:30am on a Monday morning - the look of 'Yeah, I'm ready for you Monday, bring it on' rather than, 'Ugh, Monday, you again' which may be what I'm feeling internally, but as far as other people know, I'm lovin' it. 

Makeup Glow Estee Lauder Bronze Goddess bronzer 2

The last product in my 'Glow Getters' is one of my newest products, and it's Estée Lauder's Bronze Goddess Bronzer (£32, here) which I apply much the same as the Makeup Revolution Highlighter, I use a big, fluffy powder brush and dust it over the contours of my cheeks, as well as taking it up onto the hairline - it's where the parts of my face would tan naturally when out in the sun. Because pale is usually how I roll, I also take this down the neck and onto my collarbone, just so my face isn't all tan and then the rest of me is stark white. Not a good look. I don't want to look like I've got a rather sun-kissed mask on my face. This bronzer is so finely milled that it doesn't feel like you're applying anything to the skin but when the light hits you, and it picks up on the most subtle shimmer, you'll be glad that you spent an extra two or so minutes applying this. It takes me from glum to glam so quickly that I cannot help but wonder what I did without a bronzer like this in my life. Or even what i did without highlighters and illuminating powders in my makeup bag - it must have been a dull, both literally and figuratively, time in my life and I for one, am so happy that these products are sitting happily in my makeup bag. 

These three products can take my dull skin to brimming with life and glow in a few minutes, perfect for when I'm in a rush or even when I have more time to contour and apply these powders like a pro. What are the glow getters in your makeup wardrobe? 

Makeup Glow Estee Lauder Makeup Rev Soap and Glory 3

Makeup Glow 4
SHARE:

7 comments

  1. You have such a gorgeous collection! I'm all for dewy/glowing skin and curently have the Glow all out and Makeup Rev heart on my wish list! :)

    Style Sunrise☀

    :)
    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooooo these all look gorgeous! Estee Lauder Bronze Goddess is such an amazing bronzer, i love it!
    xprincessjas | ♥

    ReplyDelete
  3. The Estee Lauder bronzer looks super divine, though my debit card doesn't think the same thing x

    Amy / srslylou

    ReplyDelete
  4. These all look like such lovely products!

    nueyork.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Estee Lauder's Bronze Goddess looks gorgeous! : ) Your photos are amazing!! xx

    Jessie | allthingsbeautiful-x

    ReplyDelete
  6. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That Godess of Love Highlighter looks beautiful, I need it!

    www.beautifulmiscellany.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete

© bexhowells. All rights reserved.
Blogger templates by pipdig