Monday 22 June 2015

Current Skincare Favourites.

Recent Skincare Favourites 1

Recent Skincare Favourites 3

Hey there my lovelies! As my skin is in such a good place right now, I wanted to post some skincare favourites that have been aiding my skin in getting that clear, glowy look that I love and always try to amplify with makeup. With the combination of face masks, loooooads of water and some of these beauties mentioned above, my skin is looking better than ever... perhaps it's the slight tan it has, but all in all, it's looking good, and I am very content. It had a bit of a freak out on holiday, and I got some blemishes - maybe it was the food/water/sun... but I had more blemishes than I had in a while. Lucky for me, I couldn't be without some of my trusty skincare, so thankfully, my skin calmed down, soaked in some sun (through SPF 50+) and decided to clear up. Or maybe it was even the constant layered on SPF on my face...as yeah, I would definitely burn without it, and being lobster pink isn't something I can look good in. But, let's get on with the post, right? We all have skin that freaks out, I think it's just trying to figure out what's making it have a bad few days, and then cutting that out; maybe not even cutting it out, just reducing the amount of exposure you have to it. For example, Bioderma's Sebium offering (in the blue packaging) is brilliant at removing makeup, but I have learnt not to put it on my eyelids, as it just makes them sore and red. Something I tend to avoid, as combined with dark circles, it just makes me look ill.

Talking about Bioderma, I have their Sensibo H20 mini bottle, which came with me on holiday, and isn't harsh at all at removing eye makeup, even the stubborn waterproof kind (Estée Lauder Sumptuous Extreme Waterproof, I'm looking at you) which was pretty much amazing on holiday, as waterproof mascara was what got me though all the lazy days swimming in the sea/pools and in the heat, where sweat can make mascara run and blur onto lids and under eyes; but back to the Bioderma, I carried it around for little quick fixes, and as it's only 100ml, I could carry it on the plane and not have to worry about it sitting in my suitcase. It was there for makeup emergencies and on holiday, I think we all have those, right? Mine would be matte lipstick smudges and eyeliner that just doesn't want to flick out at the right angle, compared to the other eye. I hate those times. I bought my little bottle from Escentual (here) and it's an essential (haha) for me, as it's travel size is perfect for when you go anywhere, and you can bet I'll be taking it to Silverstone with me at the start of next month. Another product that I'll be taking with me to watch the Formula 1 is Jurlique's Rosewater Balancing Mist* (£24, here) as it's just so refreshing and soothing, and you can bet with all the walking and hopefully lots of sun, then my skin will be in dire need of hydration, and this spray bottle will be keeping my skin happy and healthy whilst I cheer on the drivers. Another favourite from Jurlique is their Herbal Recovery Advanced Eye Serum* (£34, here) which I try to keep as cool as possible, as it depuffs and moisturises my under eyes, as well as soothes if my eyes are irritated (which at this time of year they usually are thanks to hayfever). It was wonderful to use on holiday, and in any hot weather, as it just calms everything down so well - the combination of these do can take me from red and flustered, to well... less red, and decidedly less flustered; I love products that do that. No mediating in sight.

Balance Me Rose Otto Facial Oil (£32, here) is without a doubt, one of my all time favourite facial oils. It's mix of rose and essentials oils leave my skin feeling so nourished and plump, whilst calming the redness in my skin and soothing all the dry spots I may have. Did I mention that it balances out all of the oil in my skin? Yes, facial oils are wonderful for oily skin, and if you don't have you, I recommend you get one - you won't believe the difference an oil will make to your skincare routine. Antipodes Aura Manuka Honey Mask (£21.99, here) smells so divine I cannot even find the words. It's so delicious, you seriously want to start licking your face as soon as you put it on (please don't though) - instead, enjoy the amazing scent of honeyed goodness for 15 minutes, before rinsing off, and discovering your soft, supple skin... seriously, for me, this stuff is wonderful. I didn't really see the point of moisture masks, as I had all my oils and serums, but a hit of moisture for a good 10-15 minutes, before applying all my lotions and potions sets me skin up so well - it leaves it glowing, and ready for the day ahead... or the evening ahead, which is usually full of tea and Netflix.

What are your current skincare favourites? Anything I should be loving too? 

Recent Skincare Favourites 4

Recent Skincare Favourites 5
SHARE:

1 comment

  1. I haven't tried a single product from this post, and I call myself a skincare junkie! I think I'll go for the mist and the mask next.
    Kathryn /Cherries in the Snow

    ReplyDelete

© bexhowells. All rights reserved.
Blogger templates by pipdig