Sunday 7 June 2015

Post Holiday; Skincare I took and kept in the fridge.

Holiday Skincare 4

Kept in the fridge? Yes, you read that right. It was really quite warm in Turkey, about 30 degrees or so, which for us Brits, I think is pretty hot so to keep my skincare fresh and cool, I just popped it into the little fridge in our hotel room. There's nothing as refreshing as spritzing myself with La Roche-Posay's Serozinc or Jurlique's Rosewater Spritz after a long, warm day in the sunshine. Or even a midday pick-me-up when we heading back to the room to change after lunch. But enough about that. Skincare for flights/holidays, should be either decanted or be in miniature form, which is why Jurlique and Nourish were my main skincare products, and they looked after me during my week long stay in The Thomson Marmaris Imperial (the post all about it is coming up next week). If you're anything like me, going from pale to somewhat tanned, then a bout of redness is bound to happen at some point, and the products mentioned in this post, not only helped to calm my skin but inject it with all the goodness it needs to turn me from a lobster into a lightly bronzed lady. 

For removal of makeup, I used Bioderma and a hot cloth cleanser that I packed in my boyfriends suitcase (mainly because I packed too much and his cleanser is awesome), it's the one from Superdrug, they own Radiance Hot Cloth Cleanser I think.. but anyway, those two were brilliant at not only removing makeup, but left over SPF, sand and salt from all the swimming I did. I also packed some cheeky face wipes, just to throw in my handbag incase I needed them when chilling by the pool - wiping the chlorine off my eczema patches was a good decision, as nothing flares up my eczema than chlorine - makes it sting horribly. Anyway, back to the skincare. From Jurlique I had my Herbal Recovery Serum and Herbal Eyecream, both of which sat chilled in the fridge, ready to be plucked out and slathered on my skin. From Nourish I had their Argan Skin Renew Moisturiser and Argan Facial Oil - two sets of products that I couldn't have done without. These mini's are ones that I wish I had full sized products of, all the time, because they're just so damn good, that I'll be racing to replace them as soon as they run out. Another little product that I packed, was Origins GinZing eye cream, which is perfect for illuminating the eye area in the morning for a busy day ahead, or even a day lazing on the beach.  

But not all skincare is for the face; Let's not forget the hands and feet. Not only should they be slathered with SPF, but moisturised as much as your face/body - and I try to do it almost daily, especially before I go to sleep. As my feet tend to slide on all the wooden floors in my home, if I moisturise them during the day and then go to walk around my house. My choice of hand creams and foot creams are from Le Couvent Des Minimes, and are so damn good that I had to take them with me. So gentle on the skin, but packed full of moisture - plus, they smell lemon-y, which is always a winner in my book. Lastly, just two little tools that I had to take. My wide toothed comb from The Body Shop as well the facial roller, which helps to release the build up of toxins from the face, by rolling them away from the face, and down the neck. Cannot live without that roller. It is the bees knees. What skincare can you not be without when it comes to holidays? 

Holiday Skincare 5
SHARE:

3 comments

  1. Fabulous post, love your photography. That facial roller looks awesome! I'm super into dry body brushing so I'm guessing this is the facial equivalent?

    Bry x
    www.bryonylaura.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. looks like a lot of great products! I've heard so much about the bioderma stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's great to see such a range of products, all which sound lovely.
    I like to put my after sun in the fridge as I am prone to burning.

    Kathryn /Cherries in the Snow

    ReplyDelete

© bexhowells. All rights reserved.
Blogger templates by pipdig