Thursday 23 May 2013

No7 High Shine Lip Crayon

No7 High Shine Lip Crayons in Statement and Daydreamer



From Left; Daydreamer and Statement
I've always been a fan of the Chubby Sticks since Clinique first brought them out, and when Revlon followed suit, so did I. When I happened upon the No7 Lip Crayons in Boots, I got quite excited. They weren't a harsh block of colour, which I sometimes find the Revlon Just Kissable Balm Stain if applied with a heavy hand, they were sheer, soft and surprisingly buildable, in the sense that two swipes wouldn't overload your lips with too much product or a heavy look.

Daydreamer is a soft nude colour, sheer which allows the pigment in your lips to shine somewhat through. I am not someone who can wear nude lipstick, mainly because my skin is very pale and my lips are quite darkly pigmented, so a nude on top of that can look quite silly, nevertheless,  Daydreamer just looks right, and i can slick it on with one swipe and not have to worry about it looking too nude, if you get what I mean. And whilst the Just Kissable Balm Stains can be quite drying if your lips aren't appropriately moisturised beforehand, the No7 Lip Crayons offer lots of moisture and last for a good few hours in my experience.


Statement is nothing short of wonderful, a sheer red that gives that 'I've just been kissed' plump lips kind of look, and a soft red that isn't too in your face, and quite subtle is appropriate to wear anywhere. Like Daydreamer it can be built to give a darker, more noticeable appearance, but is still soft and incredibly wearable. These are wonderful Lip Crayons, and are often found in my handbag, and can easily take me from day to night with a few extra layers of colour.


The Lip Crayons retail for £9.00 and I purchased mine with my No7 vouchers, which also happened to coincide with the 'Buy one get one half price' offer along the entire range of No7 cosmetics. So, it was a win, win for me really. I think the offer is still on in Boots, so it's definitely worth a look. The Lip Crayons come in five colours.


* I need to learn how to remove the lens from my dad's camera, as it won't allow me to take a picture of anything up close, so that's a sad goodbye to swatches on my arm for the time being, and hello to paper swatches. 


SHARE:

2 comments

  1. I like the look of statement. Tried the revlon ones and didn't really like the shimmer they gave. I'm yet to try the Clinique chubby sticks but love the look of them :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Statement is such a lovely colour, sheer but so buildable. I find that the no7 chubby sticks are ever bit as nourishing as the Clinique ones. I recommend them very much (:

    ReplyDelete

© bexhowells. All rights reserved.
Blogger templates by pipdig