Sunday 9 February 2014

Soap & Glory 'Glow all Out' Luminizing Radiance Face Powder



Now, who doesn't like a bit of a glow on their skin? I'm all for it, especially in this horrible weather (read too much rain and greyness), but this is Britain, so let's do what us Beauty Bloggers do best, and that is make ourselves look fabulous, and this cheeky product is my go-to for a full on bit of glowiness. In the pictures, the product looks quite pinky, but I assure you, it's far more peachy in real life, but the colour payoff is a mix between the two; a kind of peachy pink shimmer that just lifts the face and makes it glow. On my pale skin (paaaaaale as a ghost) some luminance powders can look too much, but this, with its very subtle colour has been adorning my cheekbones ever since I bought it.

The packaging is very retro, i.e. what Soap & Glory are known for, and isn't the pressed pattern on the pan just so so gorgeous? Is it just me, or did it just look too beautiful to use? I said did because I so wanted to try it, and temptation overcame drooling over its fabulous appearance. I love the use of black and white photographs on their packaging, as well as how this compact is covered in paper, stepping away from the conventional smooth plastic offering. That being said, not sure how it would do carried around in a makeup bag all day, as I apply mine in the morning as it lasts me all day, which is brilliant as I don't like the idea of reapplying and having a caked, less than natural looking radiance about me.


As for the swatches, below to the right we can see an unblended, straight from the pan with a finger swatch, which doesn't seem to show the hint of peachiness that comes from the product, whilst on the left, is the product blended and we can see that subtle hint of shimmer. Hopefully that can be viewed a bit more clearly in the last picture due to the change of angle. It's such a subtle luminescence that I think would look gorgeous on all skin tones, and would be a definite choice of products for everyday or even more special occasions, such as Valentines day, if you want to have a 'sweet, cute, i'm so lovely' look, or the 'wow, sexy, badass' look (of which I plan to do a quick little makeup look for both before the big day next week) and you can bet this little wonder product will be centre stage in those looks. This product sells for £11 from Boots and although that might be a little much compared to the £3 offering from MUA (which I also love) I have been using this product for weeks and have barely made a dent at all in the raised lettering. 

I always love giving my opinion, but on items that cost a little bit more, I would just like to say do some major swatting before you buy anything, because you never know, a product that I love might be something that you don't. So go swatch crazy (basically me every time I go into Boots or Superdrug) and choose something that you know you'll love. Thank you for reading, my lovelies, what do you think of this product? Is it something you'd try, or are you more partial to another luminizer at the moment? xx




SHARE:

4 comments

  1. such a great in depth review! love the swatch pictures too. i always forget to wear highlighters even though i own quite a few!

    from helen at thelovecatsinc.com

    ps. you can win nearly £150 worth of high-end skincare on my blog, if you fancy entering! click here

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I sometimes forget to wear highlighters too, and I always think my face is missing something, but with this, I think not only is it good at highlighting the cheekbones, but bringing some colour to the face, whilst not being too harsh colour wise. Especially for us pale skinned girls (:

      xx

      Delete
  2. this looks really really nice!ive never actually used highlighter before-think i might give this a try though:)xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'd definitely give it a swatch, if I were you (: It's a gorgeous colour and a top product in my opinion <3

      xx

      Delete

© bexhowells. All rights reserved.
Blogger templates by pipdig