Sunday 9 February 2014

Witch Anti-Blemish Skin Clearing Primer Review




Hello my lovelies, as I write this, I'm snuggled up in bed, about to watch last week's 'Call the Midwife' but blog inspiration struck, so who am I to turn away from it?! And I thought, what product am I really enjoying? It has to be the 'Skin clearing Primer'* from Witch. Now, we all know Witch, right? That lovely company that does all those blemish/skin clearing products with lots of natural goodness to them, so the obvious next step for them, was to create a primer. Not just any primer. A skin clearing 'Anti-Blemish' one. I suffer from my fair share of blemishes, and my skin generally isn't picky about where the blemishes erupt, so I can't say 'one or two on my cheek, now and again'; they don't discriminate, and like to go where they please. Since using this primer, I will admit, I've been using a mixture of La Roche-Posay products in my skincare routine to regain control of my skin, so any improvements aren't solely the result of the Witch Primer. Hoooooowever…my skin is clearing up. It feels softer, smoother, and I like to think that this little beauty (which is applied after my day moisturiser) creates a barrier, between the foundation and my skin, that is not only good for my skin (look at all that witch hazel extract) but makes my skin feel smooth, and primed ready for the makeup which my face will be rocking for the rest of the day.

This product came to my attention from Lucy (who is fabulous and you should all follow her on twitter @lucyelms), who not only reviewed this product on her blog last year, but chose me in a little Twitter competition Witch were having, that she won (yay!) and granted us the chance to choose one free product to have (I still feel so chuffed that she chose me). I knew almost immediately that I wanted to try this primer, and asked if I could have it. A few days later, it appeared in the post, and I got around to testing it out after I ran out of my Revlon Photoready Primer and in a way, I'm really glad I ran out of it, because I really, really like this primer. It doesn't feel too heavy on the skin, it keeps my skin feeling plump and smooth; as for makeup wear time, since my skin is oily/combination, it only usually takes a few hours before my nose starts to shine, but with this, I can last a few hours longer, and for someone who is a bit self-conscious about her oily/shiny skin, this is a big deal.



I find that a pea sized amount of product is just the right amount for my face, and according to makeup artists, you're meant to leave your primer of choice thirty seconds to a minute for it to set, and therefore provide the best base for your makeup. It's a smooth texture, it seems to glide over my skin and enlarged pores (nose, i'm looking at you again) without blocking them and creating blemishes, hence where the anti-blemish goodness comes in. Due to my oily skin, I use a primer daily before applying my makeup, and that combined with my skincare routine, has definitely shown a difference in my skin. Everything is a bit clearer, a bit brighter and that's good news to me. This primer retails at £6.99, which I think is pretty amazing for a primer, especially one with a big of goodness thrown in and can be found online with Superdrug.

Is this something that you'd try? Are you a primer person? If you are, which ones are your favourites? xx



SHARE:

1 comment

  1. I like to think that this little beauty (which is applied after my day moisturiser) creates a barrier, between the foundation and my skin, that is not only good for my skin (look at all that witch hazel extract) but makes my skin feel smooth, and primed ready for the makeup which my face will be rocking for the rest of the day Manchas na Pele

    ReplyDelete

© bexhowells. All rights reserved.
Blogger templates by pipdig