Sunday 2 February 2014

ELF Single Eyeshadow in Pebble



This was a cheeky little purchase from the ELF shop in Cardiff (it's amazing! Go there!) and I had been looking for an eyeshadow in this exact colour, so it was a brilliant little find. I think there's something so wonderful about a store filled with ELF products (so much makeup, I was practically drooling) and this little beauty, was an immediate place into basket as who doesn't love that colour? The colour Pebble (yes, it reminds me of Lily) is just gorgeous; a darkened taupe with a hint of rose gold/gold warmth behind it, that when worn, just looks so good. It's soft, blendable and buildable, a colour that everyone must have as it's so diverse, as it could easily be smoked up with some black eyeshadow and some black liner, but it can also be soft, with a nude kohl liner on the waterline, and some mascara (I adore both of these ways to wear it).

In the pan, it does look quite flat, but when swatched, there's a slight sheen to it, making this more of a satin than a matte, and in my opinion, matte would have been lovely, but with a sheen, this eyeshadow has become one of my go-to's for a quick look and a classic eye, when I want a simple, but effective look. The packaging is lovely, as i've always been a fan of ELF's matte black styling, with a good sized mirror, and with a little gap to see the colour, it would be simple to find if you had numerous amounts of these shadows. 


It swatches really well, and when applied with an eyeshadow brush (I use a real techniques domed shadow brush) it can be blended really softly and used as a base, or built up for more of an impact (it usually depends on how dramatic an eye I want for the day ahead). This powder shadow is a good step away from the cream shadows I've been frequenting (Mac's Vintage Selection, Maybelline's Metallic Pomegranate) and although it's a rather muted colour, I find that the depth of colour it brings, suits not only my skin tone (ghostly pale) but also my eye colour (greeny, bluey, grey). It makes me think that this colour would suit any eye colour, as it's a gorgeous neutral, but also any skin tone. The durability for me is a bit less with powder shadows (thanks oily eyelids), but I find that a good eye primer keeps them in place for much longer, so that the colour will last for a good five six hours before any fading. 

What do you think about this colour? Is it something that you'd wear?



SHARE:

6 comments

  1. I instantly thought of Lily too!
    I really like the colour and as you say it seems like it suites all eye colours and skin colours! I've had bad experiences with ELF eyeshadows though, so I'm not sure if I'd actually invest in another one. I might look for a dupe though!

    Kat B
    Katience

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think it's such a good colour, that it would be worn by all, and I hope that you find a similar colour. Maybe try the No7 in 'Truffle'? I think they could be quite similar (:

      xx

      Delete
  2. i love this eyeshadow, i use it to fill in my brows! xx

    http://allthingssimplysimple.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've never considered using it like that! Wow, I'll definitely have to give it a go <3 Thanks lovely (:

      xx

      Delete
  3. I've been an Elf fan for a while now but I've yet to try their studio eyeshadows as I wasn't sure what the colours would be like! My colouring sounds similar to you so it's great to go on a recommendation. Thank you!

    LAURAKATHREN | a Little Lifestyle Blog

    ReplyDelete
  4. I seem to remember some really pale people have even used it for contouring...

    ReplyDelete

© bexhowells. All rights reserved.
Blogger templates by pipdig