Monday 21 July 2014

My Little Essential Travel Items.



If you're jetting off somewhere lovely, I am inherently jealous, because I'm not going anywhere, but that doesn't stop a girl from dreaming, right? I want to jet off to a city somewhere like Barcelona or Vienna... but sigh, I won't be, so let me give you a little travel essential post if I were to be jetting off somewhere. I had a good long think about this, because you don't necessarily need a great deal of items with you, but you've gotta have ones that do multiple things, so let's get chatting about these beauties.




Let's start off with an all rounder. Nuxe's Huile Prodigieuse oil (£28, here), which I purchased from Paris, and it's awesome at everything. I use it on my hair, my dry elbows, my dry cuticles, dry patches on my skin... basically if I have a dry spot, this oil goes on it, and makes everything all glowy and lovely again. Because of its all natural goodness, I don't feel hesitant at all to put this on my skin, so it's basically the best multi-purpose oil for travelling, and a complete essential for me. Plus, I really like the packaging, and the way it looks in my hand when I hold it, is that weird?

Continuing on the skincare route, we have Una Brennan's Vitamin C Brightening Eye Cream (On offer for £8.66, here) which is a gorgeous moisturising cream, and I love slathering it on before going to sleep. Whether it brightens or not is still to be seen, but it leaves my under eyes looking moisturised and feeling good. I have horrifically bad dark circles under my eyes (damn you hereditary genes! *shakes fist*) and this makes them look nice when combined with about three different concealers. Yes, I use three different ones, but if I'm having a good day, then it's just one (: I love days like that.

Last but not least for skincare, is Caudalie's Beauty Elixir (On offer for £30.40, here) which is pretty one of my favourite ever products, as it's just so glorious, you know? It's so refreshing and it makes me feel revived, whether after waking up, or after a long day. This stuff is the business, and I can't imagine my skincare routine without it. There was a sad few weeks between the end of my small bottle and the purchase of this large one, and they were very sad, and my skin suffered for it. I think my skin just looks brighter, and I love that: dull looking skin is always a bad thing in my book, so getting my glow on is why I covet this stuff. 


Makeup wise, there are two little products that have been setting my heart aflutter over the past few weeks, and you've probably read all about them in the blogging world, but they are the Bourjois Rouge Edition Velvet Lipstick in Red Pepper(£8.99, here) and Clinique's Cheek Pop Blush in Peach Pop(£16.50, here). These are just two products that have been doing their job so well, I pretty much throw them in my travel makeup bag when I'm going out for the day, they don't let me down. Their staying power, as well as colour payoff is wonderful - I'm seriously considering another blush and I own four of the Bourjois Velvet Lipsticks, they're just so really wonderful, I can't help but sing their praises whenever I use them, or someone asks me about them. Except no one has to really ask me about them... I'll just say 'Have you seen those Bourjois lipsticks/Clinique blushes?'. Yeah, the girls in work know to ask me about makeup or skincare. They're fully aware of my addiction. 

Now, you can't forget the nails on a trip, so what better than two amazing products to guarantee the perfect manicure, or the easiest way ever to take it off when you're bored of it? Enter Seche Vite Fast Dry top coat (£9, here) and Bourjois Magic Nail Polish Remover (£4.99, here) for doing the really essential tasks that we kinda take for granted. Want nail polish that won't chip for days on end? Look no further than Seche Vite. Want the quickest and cleanest way to remove nail polish? It's gotta be this Bourjois pot of wonder. They're both so very easy to use, which is exactly what you want for low maintenance nails when you're travelling. What are your travelling essentials?



SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© bexhowells. All rights reserved.
Blogger templates by pipdig