Tuesday 8 July 2014

June Favourites 2014




June favourites, huh? Yes, it's July and... bloody pouring it down, but everyone likes a good favourites post, right? This is a little mixture of skincare and makeup, as well as a few jewellery pieces thrown in for a little bit of decoration. I do love a bit of decoration. But first, let's talk skincare.

Caudalie, Estee Lauder and Una Brennan. Three fabulous products that have been serving me well all month, especially with the changing weather. Estee Lauder's Advanced Night Serum and Una Brennan's Vitamin C Eye Cream were both packed away and taken to Paris with me, but this ugh, amazing bottle of Caudalie was purchase from City Pharma, which has to be the place of pilgrimage for Beauty bloggers and Beauty obsessives alike. I didn't know it existed until I read about it on a blog, and not only is it cheaper, but it has shelves stocked full of goodies. Getting near those shelves is the main issue, as well as paying. QUEUE? WHAT QUEUE? DO THE FRENCH KNOW HOW TO QUEUE? In essence, no they don't. I'm British, I will queue to get to a queue, but the French. No. That was the most stressful part of the shopping experience. But back to the goodies. 

Caudalie's Beauty Elixr is wonderful, and spritzed on after my serum and oil, but before my moisturiser - and it's refreshing, and lovely - basically, it's all the good words. Estee Lauder's Advanced Night Serum is something that most bloggers know of, but haven't necessarily tried, as it is quite expensive - however, it is lovely, calming, skin smoothing stuff, which my skin reacts to very well. Because my skin is quite oily, however, applying this every night is a bit much for me, so I stick to three times a week, or when my skin really needs it. If you have this, as well as dry skin, let me know what you think. It'd be fabulous to have another opinion on a different skin type. Una Brennan's Vitamin C Eye Cream is some seriously lovely stuff - moisturising but not too heavy or greasy, it sinks in and I don't know about brightening, because I have very bad dark circles anyway, but I really do like it, so I'd gladly recommend it to anyone. 



The makeup choices are very exciting, in my opinion, as not only can you create any eye look with Makeup Revolution's Redemption Palette Essential Mattes, I tend to go for something smoky and somewhat defined through the crease but the pigmentation allows you to build up intensity as well, so you can go subtle or all out glamorous. A brilliant product and an absolute steal at £4, which I picked up online from Superdrug (here). Seriously. £4 for all that amazingness! Ugh, go buy it. Buy all of it. I'm such an enabler, I know

Next up we have my go-to lipstick from Revlon, called Pink in the Afternoon (£7.49, here) and it's this delicate, soft pink that I would never usually go for, but it's so easy to wear. I just slick it on, and go. Simple as that. It doesn't require a great amount of effort, as a brighter colour would, so much so, I sometimes apply it without a mirror before doing a quick 'once over' with my fingertip. It's hassle free and the soft, almost rose pink would be complimentary to most skin tones, it something I would definitely recommend swatching. Maxfactor's Facefinity All day Primer (£10.99, here) has been my go to ever since I've bought it, and even though I do like to switch things up with my Revlon Photoready Primer, this has been a staple for me. It instantly smoothes as it goes on and provides a wonderful, matte base for my foundation, and as I have oily skin, it works wonders as giving my face products that extra staying power. 




Clinque Cheek Pop in Peach Pop is a gorgeous, gorgeous colour, and something I raved about in this review, and I just can't stop reaching for it every morning. I use it almost everyday, and the imprint of the lovely flower is still there, which appeases my aesthetic side who was very sad when I had to use it the first time. The colour is divine, and can be built up for a bigger 'pop' of colour, or worn as a sublet flush on the cheek. I think I run the risk of reviewing this all over again, so check out the link, and read my glowing review of it. You can purchase the blusher for £16.50 here and there are four wonderful colours to choose from, I think my next foray into Clinique will be the 'Ginger' or 'Berry' pop. 

Last, but not least, is Soap & Glory's 'Glow all Out' Luminizing Radiance face Powder (£11, here) and it's something I blogged about a while back, and I still love it, result? It just gives some much needed life and colour to my skin, which is always pale after my foundation and concealer. I think it just lifts my look, making me look alive and maybe even a bit flushed, based on how heavy handed I am when I apply it. It's a soft peachy, coral that looks gorgeous on the skin and it's another product I cannot help but recommend. What were your June favourites?



SHARE:

3 comments

  1. That eye shadow palette looks really good, and for £4 it's such a steal! I think I might have to pick one up for myself :)

    http://books-and-memories.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh God the clinique pop blush is amazing <3 love your favs

    http://ranosalman.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I haven't tried anything from Makeup Revolution, I need to catch up!


    Stephanie
    http://missstephanieusher.blogspot.co.uk/
    http://www.bloglovin.com/blog/3436251
    xxxx

    ReplyDelete

© bexhowells. All rights reserved.
Blogger templates by pipdig