Tuesday 24 June 2014

Clinique Cheek Pop in 'Peach Pop'



I'm a bit late to hop on the Clinque Cheek Pop (£16.50, here) train, but then again, I've been using this for a while now, and isn't it better to have a fully formed opinion on this little beauty product? Clinique say that this product is a 'Vibrant yet natural-looking cheek colour that looks virtually powerless. In a silky smooth, stay-true formula with shades for every skin tone. That just-pinches look, simply effortless'. They make it sound pretty wonderful, don't they? Well, here's the deal. It is, pretty wonderful. But more on that in a little bit.

This little Cheek Pop was a cheeky (see what I did there?) little giveaway win from the amazing Ellis who runs elrbx and is a total babe, you should totally follow her if you don't already. This was my first venture into Clinique makeup, and it totally didn't disappoint. So I was so incredibly chuffed with myself, that I'd won her giveaway, and to have a product that was being hailed as a very good one in the blogging world is a bit of a big win for me, so I hope I can do Ellis justice with my review (: So on with the show! (She even sent a little note with it! Isn't she lovely? <3)



I chose the colour Peach Pop mainly because, thanks to Bourjois and their cream blushes, coral and peaches have become a must have on my face. So this was a total 'I must have it' as soon as I saw the swatches, and a few days later it arrived - I immediately had to photograph it, before giving a good ol' test run. Let's talk about the packaging though. It's beautiful. Simple and elegant, clear, heavy plastic with Clinque printed on the front, showing off the gorgeous little flower printed into the cream blush. It's wonderful, isn't it? I couldn't stop looking at it, when I got it, and I will admit, I was a little sad to ruin the perfection that were those petals. But the colour payoff was totally worth it.

You don't need a lot of this product. I will repeat, you don't need a lot of it. It's very pigmented, and can look too harsh if applied with a heavy hand - via brush or fingers. I start off with a light sweep on the cheekbones before applying a little to the apples of my cheeks - remember, you can always add more, so light is the way to go with this. I totally agree with the 'just-pinched' look that they were talking about, as it just looks so sweet, like a little flush has risen on your cheeks and made you look fabulous. When swatched, it's bright and you think 'Ohmygod I can't put that on my face' which is what happened with me in the beginning, which is why I included a picture of me wearing it, so you can see, that even on my absurdly pale skin, it looks completely natural and effortless. Just-pinched, indeed.

It's a soft, creamy texture, light and wonderful to apply. It's really dreamy on the skin, and I think it's a colour that would suit just about any skin tone, as it can be built up for a more dramatic colour, or left as a subtle wash - like a watercolour paint. I think it's completely gorgeous, and I for one, am looking forward to getting another. Maybe Ginger Pop? I think a little swatch-fest is in definite order the next time I head to a Clinique counter. Is this something that strikes your fancy? Do you think the pinks would appeal to you more? Let me know (:



SHARE:

2 comments

  1. This looks so pretty, I love the packaging as well its so cute! btw love your blog photos they are gorgeous! xx

    ~ VISUALCANDY INC.

    ReplyDelete

© bexhowells. All rights reserved.
Blogger templates by pipdig