Tuesday 10 June 2014

Figs & Rouge Vanilla Pistachio Lip Butter.



A few weeks ago, I posted on twitter about my little pot of Figs & Rouge rose lip balm and how it had developed a little bit of skin on it, and wondering whether it'd happened to anyone else. Figs & Rouge actually got back to me and told me that I'd had the pot for two years and that because they were completely natural, they'd go off or expire. I was pretty flabbergasted. Two years?! Where did those two years go? I have no idea, but they offered to send me a little product to make me feel better about the lack of lip balm, and I was more than happy to accept one. This little tube, is a lip butter* (ugh, gotta love it) is something that I haven't seen in store anywhere, and after a bit of googling, you can purchase it on FeelUnique here (£4.95).

But let's talk about it. It smells amazing and feels really good on the lips, really moisturising and even slightly oily, but not in a bad way. It's so lovely on the lips, and this makes them feel so soft; i'm not a massive fan of my lips looking shiny, but after a while, this does kind of matte down with wear, but still retains it's moisturising values, which is what I really look for in a good lip product that doesn't offer any colour properties. I want my lips to feel good and plump for a good few hours after applying a product, and this really works for me. I am a bit of a subconscious lip licker, so I tend to get a lot of wear around the middle of my lips, but a quick move around the product still left on my lips ensures that not only do my lips look nourished for longer, but it means that you don't have to reapply the product; which is what we all want, yes? It's a way to save product, and therefore save money. I love the Figs & Rouge products that have, so this is a really welcomed addition to my stash.
And let's not forget about the smell and taste, as that can really make or break a product - as you know, it's right below your nose, so if it doesn't smell good, i'm a bit reluctant to use it. This product however, ticks all the boxes and i'm so pleased with the lip butter that I was sent; Vanilla Pistachio*. I may have developed a slight addiction to pistachio macaroons in Paris, so this really reminds me of those times.

Have you tried any of their new lip butters? Is it something that appeals to you? Let me know (:


SHARE:

1 comment

  1. This sounds so good, I don't have a lip balm-y-thing that I like at the moment. My friend, non beauty blogger, raves about Figs & Rouge, so I'll have to give them a try - maybe even this, in this flavour. Totally don't have a pistachio/macaroon thing either.... x

    Amy / srslylou

    ReplyDelete

© bexhowells. All rights reserved.
Blogger templates by pipdig