Tuesday 17 June 2014

Revlon Lip Butters.


From top left to right, and then ending at bottom left; Strawberry Shortcake, Juicy Papaya, Macaroon, Wild Watermelon, Red Velvet, Peach Parfait and berry Smoothie. They're £7.99 or two for £10 here.

Let's talk about these little beauties. I remember when they were first released, and everyone went slightly mad over them. I say slightly, I mean they went full on crazy over these lipsticks, and it's not hard to see why. The amount of colours to choose from is wonderful and although I've photographed seven, I swear I have a few more that I cannot remember what I've done with... I'm going to blame my best friend, as she probably stole them from me the last time I went to see her (; or I'm sure they'll turn up eventually. Moving on, these lipsticks are full of moisture and can be slicked on for a sheer wash of colour, or can be built up for a more stunning show. Obviously the deeper colours show up more when applied, but the lighter colours are not ones to be overlooked, as they do pack some serious punch, just you know, slightly paler in tone. 

Revlon Lip Butter in Peach Parfait
Peach Parfait is a gorgeous coral with a shot of gold shimmer running through it, and although it may not be too clear in the picture (sorry about that) the shimmer adds a noticeable plumpness to the lips in real life, and I do like a good lipstick that makes my lips look even nicer. 

Revlon Lip Butter in Red Velvet.
Red Velvet is ugh. It's gorgeous and definitely one of my favourites, a burgundy red that has this shine to it, it makes my day whenever I wear this. This can also be worn smudged onto the lips, and blended to give that 'I've just been kissed ridiculously well' redness to the lips, which I love. This was what I wore in the winter time, and I loved it so much - it's one of the reasons why I love colder weather so much. Pale skin and reddened lips are something I adore and wear as often as I can. 

Revlon Lip Butter in Berry Smoothie
This was actually the first colour I ever bought from this range, and it set me on the course of destruction, as I obviously love them, and couldn't do without adding several more to my collection. It's a soft berry, a more pastel raspberry with a small shot of shimmer, and I for one love a bit of shimmer, as you know, anything to draw more attention to the fabulous shade on my lips is okay by me. 

Revlon Lip Butter in Macaroon
One of my most recent additions to my collection is this gorgeous pinky coral red, with the most subtle shot of shimmer running through it - it's just glorious, and makes my skin look alive; I think that's the thing about a good lipstick, the colour has the ability to make you look less like a member of the undead, and more like a glamorous lady who can rock an amazing colour on her lips. Believe me, without concealer, my dark circles are something fearsome, so with no makeup on, I'm a pale, dark circled mess, but with a kick of colour on the lips, I suddenly look alive, and feel like I don't have to actually put makeup on. It's a total win. 

Revlon Lip Butter in Strawberry Shortcake
Strawberry Shortcake is the palest shade that I own, pink wise, and it is a lovely shade, but it's not really one that I wear. Don't mistake that as a bad thing though, even though the pink is totally not something I usually wear; stepping outside of my comfort zone is always a good thing, as It make me think of new eye makeup and new cheek products, as why not change up the entire look? Because it's so pale, it does go on quite sheer, but can be built up for a more powerful wash of pale pink, which I think is awesome, as the strength of colour can be changed based on your mood. Win, right?

Revlon Lip Butter in Juicy Papaya
Much like the pale pink above, this pale peachy orange is gorgeous and totally not something i'd usually wear. It goes on like a dream, soft and moisturising, a gentle slick of colour that doesn't look too much or overdone, which is perfect for when you're feeling subtle is the way to go. I have days like that, where a smudge of eyeliner and a peachy lip is what you feel like wearing, and even though I feel as powerful as I usually do when wearing red lips and sharp black liner, I just want to wear something a bit cuter. And when I say I'm feeling powerful, I mean like I'm feeling awesome and nothing can bring me down. I love those days. 

Revlon Lip Butter in Wild Watermelon
Last but not least, is Wild Watermelon. This colour is gorgeous. Gorgeous. Bright almost coral pink, and it's so good. This is the shade for summer, in my opinion, as it just has that punch of colour, which I think would look gorgeous on any skin tone. Much like the rest of the lip butters, they're buildable, moisturising and ridiculously lovely. I would definitely recommend you checking them out if you haven't already. What colours are your favourites? 

SHARE:

3 comments

  1. I love my lip butters! You have a great collection!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Juicy Papaya is one of the only lip products I dare to wear. I have three other shades actually, but there's still room for Peach Parfait.

    If you wanted to try something a bit different then give Tutti Frutti a swatch, lovely summery orange shade x

    Amy / srslylou

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've been dying to try one of the Revlon lip butters for ages but I can never decide which shade to get, and I always end up leaving without any at all. Juicy Papaya looks really nice though - I might have to give that one another swatch the next time I'm in Boots x

    All Things Elsie

    ReplyDelete

© bexhowells. All rights reserved.
Blogger templates by pipdig