Tuesday 10 June 2014

The Sunglasses Edit.



Going on holiday is always a brilliant time of year, but you know what isn't fun? Packing and deciding what you're going to take... unless you're buying lots of new things, which is fun, but the bank account wouldn't agree with me, there. I don't like packing; it's a mass of folding, squishing and trying to fit everything you want to take, especially those fifth pair of shoes that you pack, just in case. This also applies to sunglasses. I have quite a few pairs, eight to be exact, and you can't take eight pairs when you're going on holiday for seven days, can you? Nope. So witting down this selection was a task and a half - so why not blog about my struggles then, yes?

Let's start with the top left. Converse shades from TKmaxx, setting my back nothing more than £15, and looking so fabulous on, I couldn't stop myself from buying them (it was a very sunny day and the lack of sunglasses were affecting my eyes, so it was a must have purchase, for ...health reasons?). They have that very rectangular, cool look about them, and the tortoise shell print is something that I adore so much - it's a classic design that goes with everything. These are a definite contender for being packed. Next up are my Fossil glasses, and yes, they're from TKmaxx (let's assume they're all from TKmaxx unless specified otherwise) and these were one of my first purchases when I came into some money (thank you student finance loan) and they served me very well during my University years, as living by the sea means you've gotta have some good shades... otherwise, you stand out like a sore thumb. That's not something I like to do, unless standing out like a sore thumb means fabulously dressed, in that case, I don't mind. 


Next we have the retro looking tortoise shell glasses, and those are old. They were my mum's when she was younger, and she gave them to me as she can only wear sunglasses with prescription lenses. These were originally from Boots, all those years ago and these are perhaps, some of my favourite sunglasses ever. They look wonderful perched on my nose, and resting on the top of my head; they're fabulous, and I always feel so retro whenever I wear them. The white and black rimmed ones next up are by Lacoste and from, you guessed it, TKmaxx, for less than £20. I can never remember the exact price, but when I wasn't in possession of a lot of money, I wouldn't pay more than £15/£20 for a pair of sunglasses. These are also some of my favourites, as come on, they're fabulous and look so good on. They're another definition of retro, and when teamed with red lips and waved hair, I feel so vintage and I do love a good vintage look.

As we go down, we've got a good selection from Boots and TKmaxx - wanna guess which ones are which? Another pair of tortoise shell glasses, are also another pair given to me by my mother, from her time in the 80's when she was a badass lady with fabulous taste (she did have a perm though, let's not talk about that). These ones are thinner and less 50's retro, they're more like something John Lennon would have worn in the 70's, and I love that. White and black are Playboy, Blue and dark, dark grey are Ben Sherman and yepp, they're all TKmaxx finds that I've picked up over the years. I think the main realisation of this post, is that Tkmaxx is a wonderful place for good quality glasses, at vastly reduced prices, and for those who can't really afford Raybans or anything like that, this is a great place to have a good nose. I suppose, even if you can afford Raybans, there's nothing more exciting than finding a bargain, is there? I love a good bargain, and consistent looking over the years has allowed me to build up quite a collection of wonderful pieces, that add a certain edge or glamour to any outfit. I think people sometimes tend to overlook the influence of sunglasses, but they can completely make an outfit or create a certain look that'll give you an extra bounce in your step. 

Have you found any wonderful sunglasses lately? Aren't they just an essential? Not only to protect your eyes, but to jazz up any outfit? 


SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© bexhowells. All rights reserved.
Blogger templates by pipdig