Monday 9 June 2014

The Parisienne Bold Lip.




For Paris, a bold lip is an essential – or maybe just for me, depends on how you want to feel; I, want to feel fashionable and amazing, and having a bold lip totally makes me feel like that. Now, Bourjois are pretty awesome at giving that bold, long lasting lip without breaking the bank. Actually, you buy one, and get change from a £10 note (£8.99, here). Result! Personne ne Rouge, Ole Framingo and Peach Club are my colours of choice, as whilst the latter is a peachy offering, it seemed right to include something a bit more toned down, just in case. I do also have Hot Pepper… but that seemed to have eluded me when I was packing for my trip… but it’s their loss, after all, France is the homeland of Bourjois, and it got to miss out on that trip. Shame.

Rimmel is an essential for most women, let alone bloggers, so let’s talk about these two lipsticks. The first one is Kate Moss’ range, and it’s 111, Kiss of Life (£3.99, here). The perfect red. It is perfect, just so you know. That classic, not orange, not blue, red. The next is 31 from her Lasting Finish collection is a cerise pink, and like all her lipsticks; they’re so easy to wear, and comfortable on the lips (£3.99, here). I get a good few hours of wear out of these lipsticks before some serious touch ups are needed, but lipstick tends to wear away at the center of my lips very easily – I think I’m a subconscious lip licker… weird, right?




YSL’s Baby Doll Kiss & Blush in 5, is ohmygod gorgeous (£27, here). It applies glossy and creamy, and fades to a soft stain, which is gorgeous for a blush (which I haven’t actually tried out yet, I’m just assuming) and it’s not overtly good with it’s lasting time, I’d say a good... three hours or so, before some application is needed again – I actually applied this at a services on my way to Dover, promptly fell asleep afterwards (totally took a selfie before we left the services) and it was almost all gone by the time I actually woke up in Dover, about two hours later. But that was sleep, and when I’m actually conscious, it lasts for a while, but let’s talk about the colour – which scores some major points with me. I actually have no idea what kinda colour it is… it’s a bright pink, but no fuchsia – it has no purple in it, it’s just pink really, and it’s totally gorgeous, I just can’t describe it. Hopefully I’ll think of a name for the colour by the time I come to review it properly. Fingers crossed.


Nuxe’s Reve de Miel is stuff of legend; the honeyed, lemon goodness that is the lip balm bloggers rave about, and it totally deserves it (On sale for £6.33, here). Nuxe have themselves a winner, and not only is a winner, it is one of the best, if not the best, lip balm I have ever had. You have to give it up for Nuxe, they’ve made, perhaps, one of my favourite products ever, and something I recommend to everyone who’s looking for a lipbalm – and sometimes, not even then; ‘I need a new nail polish’, ‘TRY NUXE’S REVE DE MIEL’. It doesn’t sound impressive, but once I pull out my little pot of wonder, they all change their tune. I’ve inspired so many purchases of this bad boy, I should work on commission for Nuxe.




Barry M’s Gelly hi-shine lip crayon in …Alpha Bright Red, is shiny. It’s so shiny! And it’s that kind of orange red that’s so big right now – it’s creamy and looks gorgeous on the lips. This is definitely a big summer product, as I think it’ll look gorgeous on any skintone, no matter if you embrace the sun, or shy away from it this summer. It does have a downside however – with shine, comes stickiness, and if you’ve read some of my previous posts, I am not a fan of sticky lip products. It’s gets in your hair, and it’s so sticky – a ‘not impressed with sticky products’ fan. When I have shiny lips, I tend to rub my lips together a lot, and that means more application of product – so I’m a maybe on this product, I’ll have to give it a proper test. Paris will not be it’s playground, however.

So, what do you think I chose? It was definitely a Bourjois and the colour was *drum roll* Personne ne Rouge. It was the colour choice after doing some lipstick wearing earlier that week - for me, it's bold but classic, and considering it was really warm and I was rocking some light grey trousers and a floral kimono, this red lip totally set up the look and gave it something extra. Only fitting, right? Wearing Bourjois in Paris.




SHARE:

5 comments

  1. Oh my gosh, all of these lip colors look so stunning! Very chic and Parisian for sure! Topshop makes lovely bright reds that I looooove, and their striped packaging always wins me over :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. So many beautiful reds, so little time!

    Stephanie
    http://missstephanieusher.blogspot.co.uk/
    http://www.bloglovin.com/blog/3436251
    xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such pretty pictures!! xx
    www.allthingsbeautiful-x.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. These lip colours are so me - can literally brighten up any outfit and any day! Great post x

    shotofbeautyblog.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love those new Bourjois lipstick things (what actually are they? I'm getting confused with all these products), I have it in the bright pink but definitely thinking about getting it in the red as well, it would be perfect for my trip to Paris next month...

    www.livinglifeindocs.com

    ReplyDelete

© bexhowells. All rights reserved.
Blogger templates by pipdig