Thursday 21 August 2014

Remembering Rimmel's Jazz Funk


This was my Summer colour last year, but this year, it's been pushed aside for some rather fierce coral's and blues, and hasn't made it out of the drawer; until now. Dun dun duuuuuun. I wonder how  could ever have forgotten about such a colour, as... it's a bit wow, being bright fuchsia pink and all that. I'd forgotten how much I loooooved the formulation of Rimmel's Salon Pro polishes, which are opaque after the second coat and chip resistant with a good top coat for the best part of a week. A week, I tell you. There's something so wonderful about wearing this colour on my fingertips - I think it just reminds me of long lazy summer days, where the nights were warm and spent with friends; it's kinda the same now, but where's the warmth? It's pretty much rain central, here in West Wales. Cheers for that, August. 


This polish first came to my attention in Boots, but I passed it off as not my kinda colour, but when Estée from EssieButton wore it in one of her video's, I was sold! I think there's something about seeing it on someone that changes your mind about a polish, and I'm certainly very glad that I did. The formulation is amazing, it's one of those 'One coat is a bit wishy washy, but two coats and I'm sold! I'll have one in every colour' kinda polishes, which are my favourite - the second coat is always the moment where I end up going 'oooooh' or 'oh, that's rubbish'. The second coat is make or break, but this polish passes with flying colours. They retail at £4.49 (here) which I think is amazing considering the colour payoff, as well as the amount of wear you can get from the polish. This colour was adored last summer, and ever since I applied it a few days ago, I've fallen in love with it yet again - short nails, long nails, everything looks wonderful dressed in Fuchsia, and boy does this formula shine on the nails. A top coat is essential, but by itself, it still gets a good few days wear without any noticeable wear on the tips. 

This is one of my numerous selection from the Kate Moss collection of Salon Pro polishes and I'm so glad I managed to dig it out, and step away from my beloved Essie, which I've been wearing a great deal too much... although, can you ever really wear Essie too much? Nope, I didn't think so either. Is this a colour that speaks to you? Do you remember the obsession with Hip Hop and Soul Session from last year?


SHARE:

1 comment

  1. I love that colour! It's so pretty :)
    Hope you're well lovely! xox
    www.allthingsbeautiful-x.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

© bexhowells. All rights reserved.
Blogger templates by pipdig