Tuesday 12 August 2014

Almond Breeze Mocha Iced Coffee


I know that I don't really do posts related to food, or drink, but this stuff is so good, and it's been sitting in my fridge, goading me into writing a post about it. So here I go. This stuff, is awesome. Dairy free has always bee a big draw for me, especially as I'm a huuuuge fan of Almond Milk, so much so, I've cut out regular milk altogether, and this has become my staple with cereal and just generally when I fancy a glass of milk. I know the whole idea of cutting out dairy is quite a scary prospect, which is why I haven't cut it out altogether, because, let's face it, cheese is too good and should always be consumed. Damn you cheese for being so amazing and tasty. 

Anyway, back to this. I tend to switch between Almond, Hazelnut and Coconut Milk generally, but with coffee, it's usually Soy milk, as yes, it's the only one they have in Starbucks (don't get me started on the lack of Almond Milk in coffee shops) and I never drink coffee at home - but this little beauty, is totally changing the game. Iced Coffee has always held a big sway over me, so when I saw this in Tesco I bought one almost immediately. The next day, I bought four more and haven't looked back since. They're a little pick-me-up when I need it, and the lack of dairy is just a winner for me. As well as not having any dairy, it has no Gluten, Peanuts or MSG, which I'm not intolerant to, but hey, it makes it healthier for you, so what's not to like about that?

It has that instant coffee kick, but it's not bitter at all, which is the main thing about coffee that I'm not a big fan of - it's quite creamy and easy to drink, so much so that I can drink it in a minute or so, and just have that gentle buzz for the rest of the day. Or I can drink half and put it back in the fridge to drink later, but my favourite way to drink it, is on a hot day over ice; which makes it a bit more fancy in my opinion, and has me feeling quite sophisticated, despite the fact I may still be wearing my pyjamas and sitting in my conservatory. I posted a snap of it on Instagram, and it got a lot of attention, so I thought why not write a post on it? It's obviously something that interests the general public who like Dairy free things, so I decided to spread the word and recommend it to those who fancy something easy to drink without the Dairy/Gluten worries. I'm going to go and drink the rest of mine, and I hope that if you ever come across it, it might strike your interest (: This is the Mocha version, but there is also a Cappuccino drink that I have yet to try. Undoubtedly, when I do buy it, it'll be on my Instagram (@ohkalukalay).
SHARE:

3 comments

  1. I am thinking of making the almond milk switch ... its just so rare to find here in South Africa. This looks divine though.

    Meg | Meghan Silva's Blog

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've never tried almond milk before, but I'm definitely thinking I should. I always feel so bloated after drinking milk, this might sound like a stupid question but does it taste nutty?
    xxx Claire
    http://wwwclairabelle.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  3. aah i wish i liked coffee as this sounds heavenly!

    from helen at thelovecatsinc.com

    ps. win raybans and a beauty goodie bag worth nearly £300 on my blog! click here

    ReplyDelete

© bexhowells. All rights reserved.
Blogger templates by pipdig