Monday 10 August 2015

The one wash eyeshadow: Seventeen's Rose Quartz

DSC_0102

I love a good eyeshadow that doesn't require a lot of effort. I call it 'lazy day makeup', and when I have one of those days, only a one wash eyeshadow will do. Who can be fussed with layering shadow after shadow on top of each other, blending, blending, blending until it looks awesome? I can on most days, but as it takes a while to get the look that I want, this is where Seventeen's Eyeshadow Mono comes in, and at less than £4 each (here), these are some incredible value eyeshadows from the chemist/drugstore. I'm a huuuuuge Seeventeen fan, and with their constant release of wonderful products, it makes you wonder why you'd ever pay more than £10 for something, when you can revel in the amazing quality of these products. The main reason why I pay a great deal for a product is a mixture of packaging and quality, also a little bit of the name thrown in, as owning Charlotte Tilbury makes my life a little better. I appreciate the High End spectrum of products as much as I can, but the Drugstore will always have my heart. From when I was young, picking up a lipstick or two from Maybelline, Collection 2000 or Seventeen always gave me such a thrill - and when you can get the same thrill and change from a £5, who can say no to that? Of course there's the danger of simply buying every single shade from every single range, but I see no harm in treating myself to something when I'm having a less than fabulous day. 

Enter Rose Quartz, an eyeshadow that looks as gorgeous in the pan as it does swatched (see below). In the pan it looks light and sweet, but when worn, there's a almost taupe/greyness to it that I cannot get enough of. It hits with the sparkle all over the lid, but almost descends into a certain smokiness in the crease, as the dark particles of pigmentation settle into the darkness of the eye socket, and make you look as though you've spend ages blending a taupe shadow lightly into your crease. Well, let me tell you, I dapped my brush in, swept it over the lid, blended it out with another brush, and that was it. One dab into the pan, per eye and I was one. There aren't many eyeshadows that I can say that with, but this is quickly becoming a fast favourite, and a go-to for quick, hassle free makeup. The only thing better is that it lasts all day, and I've found that it doesn't crease greatly, so primer or no primer, this stayed on all day with me, making me think that for less than £4, this eyeshadow should be raved about! Is anyone else loving this product or anything else from Seventeen? Let me know!

DSC_0100

DSC_0103
SHARE:

1 comment

  1. I really have to get myself some of these shadows! The pigment looks great and I am also a huge fan of Seventeen!
    haveyouseenhowshespeaks.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete

© bexhowells. All rights reserved.
Blogger templates by pipdig