Monday 3 August 2015

The matte bronzer for pale skinned girls from The Body Shop.

The Body Shop Honey Bronzer 1

Bronzer for pale skin? Yep. It's a thing. Years ago, for me, bronzer meant orange and sparkly... two things that didn't suit my face at all, unless the sparkles were on my eyelids. But now, with an influx of matte bronzers from all manners of brands, I'm going to speak about one of the first ones that I bought and consequently fell in love with; The Body Shop's Honey Bronze Bronzing Powder in 02. I chose 02 because I was rocking a tan (a tiny bit of a sun kissed glow) from my holiday back in May, and I was determined to keep up the look, as it made me look well and alive (two things I always tend to look for in makeup these days). Despite the colour being 02, and not 01, it's still not orange or too dark, if anything I prefer it to 01 because it does give me that bit of colour, despite my tan having faded. My pale skin doesn't have to worry about looking orange, or having to deal with those dreaded orange lines (tide marks) which I used to have when I slapped foundation on my face at age 13, three shades too dark for my skin. But oh well, we live and learn. 

This is such a subtle colour and one that I find myself turning to day after day, as although it's matte it still gives a little glow, which is perfect for when you want to apply a little makeup, but not have to concentrate too much on it - i.e. the lazy girl's approach to makeup and bronzer. This Honey Bronzer is well loved, so much so, I didn't even wait to photograph it in it's pristine newness, I just swirled my Real Techniques Powder Brush around in it, and started applying. It's a very soft, gentle powder that can easily be layered to increase the amount of definition that you want on your face. All in all, for me, it's a must have for pale girls, because even going into Autumn/Winter, there will still be that want for a bit of colour on the face - and this offering from The Body Shop, is the answer. It's £13 (here) and it's adorable honeycomb pattern makes you want to savour it - but don't, it's amazing formula will blow your mind. The bronzer did originally appear in four shades, but now it's been extended to six, so there is a great deal more choice for different skin tones. If you're unsure however, I would recommend looking into making a little trip to your nearest The Body Shop; however, if you can't, I would definitely recommend looking into doing a bit of research on swatches. I knew 01 and 02 would be the fair/light shades for me, so it only took a bit of narrowing down, I would say 03 and 04 are for light/medium skin tones whilst 05/06 are more for medium/dark skin tones, although I would definitely think that finding a blogger with a similar skin tone would be beneficial. 

Laa from Dolce Vanity used the shade 04 Deep Matte in this post here but I'm not sure as to whether the shade numbers have been changed. I wish there was a more complete swatch selection but with the inclusion of all six shades, not just four. If anyone does have a selection of all six shades, I would love to include it in this post. 

The Body Shop Honey Bronzer 2
SHARE:

3 comments

  1. I'm quite pale and I have the shade 03 and even that one really works well for me! I love using it with the RT Powder brush too ;)

    Love, Charline | Charline Has a Blog

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this bronzer and I've actually hit pan on it which never happens with me as I have so many products!
    I'm going to try the Bobbi Brown one next as that has been recommended for pale skins also!

    Kathryn /Cherries in the Snow

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so obsessed with the honey bronzer and cannot go a makeup-wearig day without it! I have never loved a bronzer before this one, as they were all far too muddy or orange on my fair skin. x

    nueyork.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

© bexhowells. All rights reserved.
Blogger templates by pipdig