Friday 13 November 2015

The Makeup products I keep reaching for.

Summer Makeup to wear into Winter 2

Summer Makeup to wear into Winter 1

You would think that reaching for the same makeup products each day, can be quite dull and then you can grow bored very easily... basically, your entire look can become unsatisfying. But for me, there is nothing boring about these products. I can do my face for work in 10 minutes, and know that this look is one that works for me. Glowy skin, bright eyes, peachy pink lips with a hint of bronzer on my skin, to make the whole look less pale, and more 'oooh has she been on holiday somewhere?'; it's pretty much a look I love to wear. There's nothing here that should be overlooked, as each product, for me, can stand up to a lot of others with more expensive price tags, and give an even better finish. Such as Makeup Revolution's Goddess of Love Highlighter, which at £3.99 is one of the most amazing purchases. It's a baked highlighter and one that I use every day as I adore the glow that it gives to my skin. I'm yet to try a soft, pinky-pearl highlighter that performs to the same standard as this one. Actually, the only products here that cost more than £10, are from The Body Shop, Estee Lauder and Mac, three brands that are well trusted for their quality and selection of shades. 

Summer Makeup to wear into Winter 3

Summer Makeup to wear into Winter 4

For the base, we have Estee Lauder's Double Wear Light, Maybelline's Eraser Eye Concealer and Collection's Illuminating Touch Concealer, three products that I have found work together wonderfully well, and can give me a glowy, yet not too heavy look, which makes me look healthy and not as if I've just chucked a load of makeup on my face. It's a base that's light and airy, giving everyone else the impression that you've had a good night's sleep, when really you've been staying up until 2am watching Community on Netflix (*cough* well, I've heard that people do that.. *cough*). A dupe product for Estee Lauder's Foundation, would be the new Air Mat Foundation from Bourjois, another glowy offering that is a key product in faking a 'wide awake look'. Another thing that I've found with these three base products, is that they're sturdy enough to cart around with you all day in your makeup bag, and there's no worry of things breaking, or leaking... they're well formulated and well made, perfect for on-the-go touchups. 

Additional base products are the gloooorious Makeup Revolution Highlighter, Bourjois Aqua Blush and The Body Shop's Honey Bronzer which add to that 'I look alive and well, but inside I'm full of cold and just want pizza' disguise - something which I think I'm close to mastering after years of being unwell, and mainly just wanting to curl up and watch movies, with pizza, as opposed to doing anything productive outside of my house. The Goddess of Love Highlighter is so so finely milled that it looks so incredibly natural and wonderful, that you get that 'glow from within' without a great deal of effort... because some days, you just can't be bothered at all. The Bourjois Aqua Blush wasn't something that appealed to me when it first hit the shops, but after umming and ahhing about it for a few weeks, I bought it for my holiday, with the view that it wouldn't be sweated off too easily in the heat: and the consistency is so light and creamy, it's a shame I didn't buy it immediately, as I would have professed my love for it, much like numerous bloggers out there. With a handy little pump to dispense as much or as little as you want, this hard wearing Blush is a brilliant buy from the French brand. Lastly for this section, we have the much raved about, universally loved Body Shop Honey Bronzer which I've had for what feels like ages, and I've still barely made a dent in it, despite me wearing it almost everyday. Light, blendable and made for layering, this Bronzer is the thing of dreams. 

Two eye products that I adore are from Mac in the shade Bare Study and L'Oreal's Volume Million Lashes Mascara, the former a wonderful Cream Paint Pot, and the other my new favourite mascara. The cream eyeshadow is soft and super blendable, one of those products that I apply and blend with my fingers, nothing fancy and not a product that requires an eyeshadow brush. Naaa, it's a gorgeous champagne shade, lighter and a bit less pink than my other favourite Mac Paint Pot, Vintage Selection, but nonetheless still super brightening when applied to the eyelids, and it stays put all day without wear or smudging. The same can be said for the mascara, except I do get a little bit of smudging on my undereyes, but I would say that it's more due to my oily skin, than the product. Last, but not least, is Bourjois' Rouge Edition Matte Velvet Lipstick in Peach Club, a bright peachy pink that instantly lifts the look and makes everything look brighter, which ties wonderfully in with glowy skin and highlighted cheekbones. 

What products have become your go-to's and what are you reaching for everyday? Let me know xx

Summer Makeup to wear into Winter 5

Summer Makeup to wear into Winter 6

Summer Makeup to wear into Winter 7
SHARE:

1 comment

  1. I love so many of those products - I use the illuminating concealer almost every day!

    ReplyDelete

© bexhowells. All rights reserved.
Blogger templates by pipdig