Friday 14 March 2014

Trilogy Organic Rosehip Oil Review



I love this stuff. End of review. Haha, not really. Shortest review in history? Yeah, that's not my style, you know I like a good ramble about things that I love, and this will be no exception. This Trilogy oil, which I purchased from amazon (here, at £15.85 for 20ml) has been a very important aspect of my nighttime skin routine since it arrived. I knew I needed an oil for my skin, especially since using two Effacalr products on my skin, I just felt that I needed something to skin in and moisturise, whilst the La Roche-Posay offerings helped to clear my skin (and they certainly are). 

My first impressions were a bit superficial. It has a dropper (which I love. I feel like a scientist. It's amazing) and this allows you to dispense a very precise amount of product, and although it said apply 2-3 drops, I just said 'Naaaaaa' and went for 4. Yes, 4. That was clearly a mistake, but the lesson has been learnt. Three drops, i've learnt, is the perfect amount of oil for my face and I apply it with top thirds of my fingers (sorry to be precise, but that's what works best for me). Now, I know people rub in oil, but for me (rebel that I am) I've taken to patting it onto the skin and gently, gently rubbing on areas where I have scars, such as my forehead. In patting this onto the skin (or pressing it on, if you want to get technical) I just feel like my skin is reacting better to the product, and drinking it in a great deal quicker. The majority of the oil is pressed onto my face, any residue on my hands is patted onto my neck so there's no waste at all. 

To add to the skin renewing properties of this oil, I use it with a little implement. The Body Shop's Facial Massager (£6.00), which I reviewd here ages ago and it's become such a brilliant duo. Once the oil is on my skin, I run the massager from the edge of my nose and out, down the face and neck in one stroke. Kate from Gh0stparties spoke about the way she removes toxins from her face, and that was with a facial massager; moving the built up toxins away from the chin and jawline, down the neck and away from the face. It works. It really does. I used to use my fingers, as I had always previously used the Facial Massager to stimulate the skin, and make it more glowy; but this is two birds with one stone. 

But back to the oil. I've been using this for a few weeks (and barely made a dent, so don't go thinking 20ml is too little product) and have found that the redness on my cheeks has started to fade, as well as improving the general tone of my skin. I also have considerably less blemishes then before, which maybe a combined effort with La Roche-Posay's Effaclar Duo + and K, but it works for me. Finding a skincare routine that works for me, has been years in the making and I'm just glad that Trilogy's Rosehip Oil was recommended to me (pretty sure it was Amy from srslylou. Oh, that enabler!) and I'm pretty darn confident with my skin now. So much so, I can do a thin layer of sheer foundation, bit of concealer and walk out of the house. Previously my skin had made me feel quite selfconcious, but this oil, and it's little facial massager friend (which, I won't lie, looks like a medieval torture device) is the bee's knees. Lots of love for it.

Have you tried any Trilogy products? Which facial oils do you swear by?
SHARE:

4 comments

  1. Hi Rebecca, I love a good facial oil! I have been using the Clarins one since January and am loving it but I always seem to have this on my wishlist!

    Stacey Expat Make-Up Addict xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was really tempted by the Clarins one, but decided to give this a go, before I went for a more expensive one - wanted to see how my skin would react to an oil (: haha, hopefully you'll get to try it out at some point then (:

      xx

      Delete
  2. Love the sound of this. I'm a big fan of facial oil - I use nspa's Hydrating Facial Oil, but want to try a more natural one. This could be my next purchase! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's full of natural goodness, as it says organic in the name, hehe. So, it's gotta be good (: Let me know if you do get it, and what you think (:

      xx

      Delete

© bexhowells. All rights reserved.
Blogger templates by pipdig