Thursday 20 March 2014

Garnier Micellar Cleansing Water


So, I've been using this little beauty for about two weeks now, after finally tracking it down in Asda, and after seeing loads of bloggers swoon over this little product. I take that back. It's not little at all -  it's actually 400ml of goodness and a brilliant size for all of your cleansing needs, whether it's removing makeup as a pre-cleanse or touching up your eye makeup or lips with a cotton bud; this is the product to go to. I like this product. I really do. It's for sensitive skin and doesn't irritate my eyes at all, which is brilliant, as who wants red, bloodshot eyes when you're just trying to go about your day to day life? Certainly not me. 

The cleansing water doesn't really have any discernible smell or look; so much so, it looks like a bottle of water. My mum actually thought that it was one of those fancy, artisan bottles of water. Ahhh, if only. I'd love a bottle of water to look like that. Anyway, the packaging is very sturdy, and you get a lot of product, far more than in the L'oreal offering, which is always a good thing by me. I do really like the L'oreal cleansing water as well, but this has so much more product for the money (unless they're both on offer, then it's more of a personal preference). For me, I have to give the edge to Garnier, as not only does it remove makeup very quickly and without fuss, it takes off all that eyeliner and mascara (although to remove waterproof mascara, you do need to hold in over the eye for a good 20 seconds). It just removes product seamlessly, and is a wonderful addition to the market of Micellar Cleansing Waters

It claims to soothe skin whilst it removes makeup, and I do partially agree with that, as although it's not overtly smoothing, it doesn't irritate my skin, which is oily/combination but still sensitive in places (ahhh the joys of facial skincare). I apply this to a cotton pad and run it all over the face, taking extra care around the eyes and the makeup on there. It usually takes me two or cotton pads to remove everything before I go onto the next step of my nightly skincare routine. I follow this with my pre-cleansing oil, then my hot cloth cleanser and then all those fun skincare bits (toner, serums, oil, moisturiser... that never ending list) and it's really working for me. Because it says that it's suitable for even sensitive skin, and I have been using it for the past two weeks or so, I would definitely recommend those looking for a good Micellar water, to give this a go. Especially as it's on offer in Tesco right now.

Is this something that you'd try? Are you a micellar water fan? xx
SHARE:

2 comments

  1. Lovely post! I have heard so much about this micellar water. I am in the middle of trying to develop my skincare routine to a solid, know exacty what suits me, kind of affair and I shall give this a bash and try and incorporate it. How do you find it works with waterproof mascara? I often use Benefit's They're Real and find it super stubborn to remove!

    Followed via Blogloving, love your blog.

    Kathryn xx

    Bit of a Freak | UK Beauty and Lifestyle Blogger

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much lovely (: I think it works well to incorporate a micellar water into a routine, as not only is it an extra cleansing step, it can also be used to correct makeup mishaps. For waterproof mascara, I think it's pretty good, but i'm trying out a new Vichy eye makeup remover, that I have high hopes for (:

      Have a lovely day, babe (:

      xx

      Delete

© bexhowells. All rights reserved.
Blogger templates by pipdig