Tuesday 23 September 2014

Ciaté Haute House Nail Polish Collection

Ciate Haute House 4

Ciate Haute House 1

Who doesn't love a good nail polish collection? Especially when it comes to Ciaté, who do collections that I continually lust over, I mean, c'mon, look at this! It's a Haute House. How kitsch is that?! I think it looks the part, without even opening the front door to look inside, I was impressed. I was even more impressed by the price (all hail TKmaxx for the cheeky £6.99 sticker) and I continued to be impressed, all the way to the till. I felt quite smug with myself for finding such a little treasure, as I'm a huge fan of a bargain, and saving about £15 is a huge plus for me. Tkmaxx are full of bargains, some good, some not so good, but I would definitely recommend popping in there when you have the chance, as you never know what you're going to find. But enough about that, let's talk about the collection. First of all, cutest packaging ever. It's just so sweet, and it's perfect for this time of year, as it's so Autumnal in its colours, which is very appropriate considering the colours inside. 

It houses five wonderful, inky polishes: Can Can, a deep burgundy red, For the Frill of it, a golden bronze, Sass Pot, an dark amethyst purple, Knee Highs, the colour of blue glass and Tickle my Fancy, a glorious bottle green. These shades were described as 'inky, date night shades' which were seductive 'one stroke shades to unleash your inner sex kitten - inspired by luxe lingerie labels, perfect pairing with lace'. I'm all for a good 'date night' shade, although, surely any colour you choose to put on before going on a date, is a date night shade? Or they may just be implying that something vampy is more likely to get you into that seductive mindset. Well, does that mean we're all channelling our inner seductress during A/W because that's when I wear a lot of dark shades, as I know others do too? Hmm, well, it's very exciting, anyway. For me, stepping away from their seductive nature, are pretty much Autumn at its best, as I'm moving from bright, pastel shades and into something a bit darker; the changing of the seasons always seems to equate a change in mood for nail polish colours, so what seems more appropriate then a new nail wardrobe, or a new nail house? Enter, Ciaté with their Haute House

Ciate Haute House 2

Ciate Haute House 5

These adorable little mini polishes are perfect for a quick manicure before heading out, or even staying in, and although it claims 'high pigment in one stroke', which is partially true, I would say that they need two coats at least, to give the full impact of colour. For the Frill of it, that gorgeous bronze gold, was a bit wishy washy on the first coat, and the same could be said of Sass Pot, that lovely deep purple. They didn't apply as 'wow', as the other three did, which was a bit of a disappointment at the time - they're definitely the polishes that require a second coat before you apply a top coat. 

They do show their potential after two coats, with For the Frill of it, showcasing a cheeky shot of glitter running through it, making it catch the light and giving me some serious lust for it to go on my nails. Sass Pot has the same appearance when applied, with a slight glimmer to it, but much like its bronzy counterpart, it needs a second coat, maybe even a third if you're not too impressed with it - it's more of a personal opinion, but I wouldn't necessarily say no to a third coat if I felt it needed it. 

Onto my three favourites; Can Can, Knee Highs and Tickle My fancy. These three packed the best pigment punch, and it was adoration from first stroke. The brush, was actually rather large for a mini polish, and covered the nail in three easy swipes - another area that I was impressed by. These three give you the immediate idea of what colour they're going to be, just with the first coat, so much so, if you were in a rush, one coat and a top coat would do you really well - so keep these in mind, should you have to dash. These polishes all have something wonderful about them, something so Autumnal, it has me wishing for cold night, snuggly socks and hot chocolate, but I'm not going to say goodbye to sunshine and warmth just yet. I think my boyfriend would refuse to talk to me if he thought I was wishing it was colder (He's all about the sun). 

Ciate Haute House 6

From left: Can Can, For the Frill of it, Sass Pot, Knee Highs and Tickle my Fancy

Ciate Haute House 7

Ciate Haute House 10

The wear on these, with my darling Seche Vite topcoat, is a good week - and can I just mention how much I love wearing dark colours on my toes? I can see a battle commencing between Can, Can and Tickle my Fancy for which one will be on my toenails most often. The other three I'm reserving exclusively for my fingernails, but who knows? They all may grace my nails at some point - taking about toenail exclusivity isn't how I roll, and I'm greedy. I want all the polished on my fingernails so I can parade them in front of people. Parading toenails requires taking off boots and socks, which is far too much effort in A/W considering how cold it gets. Anywho, what shades are you looking forward to wearing this season? Have any of these polishes taken your fancy? xx

Ciate Haute House 11

Ciate Haute House 12
SHARE:

3 comments

  1. What a great find! Very detailed post :) xx

    Ioanna | www.hearting.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a bargain! :D I loooove the metallic blue <3

    Danniella x
    www.famousinjapan.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a gorgeous collection, anything blue and metallic gets my vote :)
    xxx Claire
    http://wwwclairabelle.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete

© bexhowells. All rights reserved.
Blogger templates by pipdig