Thursday 18 September 2014

Revlon Colorstay Moisture Stain in Barcelona Nights and Miami Fever

Revlon Colourstay 6

Revlon Colourstay 5

I was so excited by the release of these moisture stains. They're by Revlon, whom I have a massive love for anyway, but these little beauties, were drawing me in, and although I hadn't heard much about them over here, as I'd seen them being coveted by US bloggers, I knew I had to own one or two. I blame the amazing packaging. It just looks so chic. As soon as I saw them on Instagram, I just needed them. I came across them in Boots, and two colours really caught my eye. Barcelona Nights is a very vivid bright pink, that look so dazzling, it kind of smacks you in the face with the pow of it all. Miami Fever is just wow, an almost luminous orange red that is such an amazing pop of colour, it just lights up my entire face. So let's talk about them.

Revlon Colourstay 4

Revlon Colourstay 3

The packaging, as I already mentioned, is simplistic chic. It's completely gorgeous, and it's just one of those products that photographs so well - it makes me feel like a professional photographer, because they just look so damn good wherever I put them. These Moisture Stains (£7.99, here) go on very creamy and with such an intense punch of pigment, that you're like 'whooooa, do I apply more or just blend?' and that is a question which is totally your call. You can slick it on, or blend it in - it's basically an in-your-face or subtle look, there doesn't seem to be an in-between. Well, not that I've really found, although I'm sure that halfway ware is the not so subtle in-between look, but I've always seemed to miss it, I just pop a little bit more on and blend it out. 

The wands, are heart shaped and bursting with colour when you pull it out; it's so simple to apply to the lips, with a creamy formula that is so easy to blend, and after wear, it leave the most gorgeous stain - hence the name. It's completely non-drying, hence the name again, and leaves the lips feeling plump and non-sticky, which is a big selling point for me as I hate sticky glosses. It's the biggest reason as to why I don't wear lipgloss, or anything sticky. Ugh, sticky. When applying this, I know it may seem obvious, but you definitely need a mirror. It's not one of those 'apply in your reflection in a window', it's a take a good minute or so to get the perfect look, as I found Miami Fever did go a bit streaky when the product wasn't applied properly, and no one wants streaky gloss, do they? Nope. 

Barcelona Nights and Miami Fever are two gorgeous colours, and they're really bright, which isn't something I'd usually go for, post Summer, but they spoke to me, and I found myself walking away with these two amazing colours in a teeny tiny Boots bag (as well as some L'Oreal Colour Riche eyeshadows, but that's another post for another time). They remind me of Tropical holidays and I can imagine wearing a dress with palm trees and parrots on them - that's the power of a good lip product; the ability to take you to places in which you can dream and drink bright cocktails. These colours, I find, wear really well on me, and can be re-blended with a finger, just to give more even coverage should there be some wear in the middle of the lip. I just really adore the formula as well, as my lips just feel really moisturised throughout the day, which is a big thing when wearing a lip product. I think Revlon have knocked out another amazing product, and will stand alongside their other lip products as ones to definitely recommend, as they're glossy and moisturising, but not sticky. They tick all the boxes for me, and are something that I would definitely pick up in other colours. I think New York Scene and Cannes Crush are on my lust-list. What do you think of these colours? Which ones would you pick up?

Revlon Colourstay 2

Revlon Colourstay 1
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© bexhowells. All rights reserved.
Blogger templates by pipdig