Wednesday 17 September 2014

Late August Favourites

August Favourites

I know it's late, but better late than never, right? Say hello to some August favourites of mine, and don't they look pretty sat on my 'Pugs not Drugs' notebook and my Cath Kidston purse, which was a birthday present from a very lovely lady. This month is a very face orientated group of products, aside from two things, but who doesn't like a sparkly nail polish and a good hand cream?

August Favourites 1

August Favourites 2

August Favourites 3

Let's start with some good ol' Soap & Glory products, such as Show Good Face (£11, here) and One Heck of a Blot (£12, here). The foundation is in the palest colour, called Fairest of them All, which, to be honest, makes me feel like Snow White. And who am I to complain about feeling like a Disney Princess? It's light, build able coverage that gives my skin the loveliest glow, and when teamed with the powder, which I use to set makeup on my T-zone, then this look is good to go, with minimal touchups for most of the day. I do need a cheeky bit of powder on my nose, now and again to keep shine at its minimum. These two, are some makeup essentials for me, and prove that S&G can not only bring it with skincare, but with their makeup. Keep it up. 

August Favourites 4

August Favourites 6

Next up, we've got some serious Seventeen love going on. Brow's That! Brow Kit (£6, here), Phwoarr Paint in Fair (£5.49, here) and Wild Metallic Eyes Cream Eyeshadow in Wild Nude (which I can't seem to find online anymore). These three have been saving me, as not only as they easy to use, but they've been in every makeup bag I've been carrying around with me, for months now. The brow kit I use with an angled eyeliner brush, so I've got maximum control over what's going on my brows; it has a creamy gel kinda product, then a matte powder, then a shimmery champagne esc highlight, that I use not only under my brows, but on the inner corner of eye, to give me that wide awake look. Phwoarr Paint is everything. I mean it. It's my concealer of choice and I love it so much, I cannot contain how much I love this product. It covers everything, and it's less than £6. Yes, less than £6. I keep two of these stowed away just in case, as you never know ... please don't ever discontinue this. Pretty pleaaaaaase. I will cry. Other bloggers will cry. Just don't do it, okay?

August Favourites 7

August Favourites 8

Maybelline's Colour Drama Lipstick in Nude Perfection (£4.99, here) and Eraser Eye Concealer in Nude (£7.99, here) are two saviours of mine, that, quite frankly, everyone should have. I've read that these Velvet Lip Pencils from Maybelline are being compared to Nars Matte Velvet Lip Pencil (£18, here), which I totally understand, as yes, they have similar names, but they do actually apply very smoothly, as well as giving good pigmentation and staying power. If you have both of these pencils, write me a comment down below, and let me know what you think of the comparison between them. I'd definitely say, that if you're thinking of trying out the Nars pencils, I'd go to Maybelline first, in order to see if the matte pencil texture, is one for you.

The Eraser Eye Concealer was something I bought inspired by Rougepout whose blog can be found here and her Instagram, which I have been obsessed with for as long as I've had an account on there. She's a complete and utter babe, and she's also on Youtube, so you should check her out. I remember seeing the concealer on her account, and being instantly interested, as I trust her opinion on makeup, as I've been speaking to her the longest out of all the bloggers I follow. It's a highlighting, covering concealer that I really love, as when used with the above Seventeen concealer, I don't feel like I need to wear foundation - I can just go without, and feel exactly as comfortable. 

August Favourites 9

Benefit's Gimme Brow in Medium/Dark (£17.50, here) is simply, a little bit of brow mascara, that sets your brows in place, all the whilst giving them a bit of oomph that I like in a good brow. If you follow me on Twitter or Instagram, then you'll known I'm all about a bit of brow love, so this product works so well in allowing my to brush my brows into place, as well as touching up the shape, just incase some hairs are being a bit naughty, and refusing to remain in their correct place. 

A product that I've had for a while, and only really just rediscovered, is No7's Natural Cream Blush in Pink Blush (£8, here) which is such an adorable pink, as it gives that really sweet, pinchable cheeks kinda look, which I think would look gorgeous on all skintones, as it can be built up in order to make the colour more pigmented - as if you've just had a brisk walk and the cold has been nipping at your cheeks. It has such a soft feels to it, so it can be applied with a brush, a stippling brush is my choice, or with your fingers. 

August Favourites 10

August Favourites 11

Nyx Gel Liner and Smudger in Charlotte (£8, here) is one of my lesser used products, as in order to achieve a brown cat eye, or even smudge the colour all over the lid, it doesn't require a lot of product, which is wonderful for longevity of use. It's a soft, creamy texture, that sets to a smudge proof look, whether smudged or applied in a flicked line with an eyeliner brush. The brush that I use, is generally a thin tapered one, but to apply all over the lid, I use my finger, as after all, it does say smudge. Next up, is Neutrogena Norwegian Formula Hand Cream (£3.85, here) which I hurried into Boots one day and purchased, as my hands were so horrifically dry after work, so this was a grab and go kinda situation. My Soap & Glory Handfood wasn't with me, and Norwegian Formula was something I'd never tried, but I'm very glad that I did. It's a quick absorbing, moisturising formula that I quite happily slap onto my hands before and after work, as I do work in Retail, in which my hands take a beating, with all the dust and handling of clothes/items/boxes. 

Essie Luxe Nail Polish in Stroke of Brilliance (£7.99, here) is a gorgeous, gorgeous glitter polish that has this beautiful blue/purple/violet glimmer to it, that give your nails that gorgeous 'I can't stop looking at my fingernails' look. It's a horror to get off, like all glitter polishes, unless you know that you have to soak your nails, or leave them, for a good five minutes, wrapped up with nail polish remover covering the entire nail - pretty sure it's called ...something to do with foil. Glitter foil method? But back to the appeal of it. I saw the glittery goodness in Boots one day, and I just had to have it. It's part of their Luxe collection, which contains four other glitter polishes, but this one just spoke to me. I think it's because it was blue and beautiful, a combination that I cannot say no to. I posted some serious love for it on my Instagram (@ohkalukalay) on top of Barry M Hi Shine Gel Polish in Huckleberry (£3.99, here). All in all, it has that glorious Essie formula, which I adore, with the staying power we expect from them, as they didn't chip for a good few days, or show any too noticeable wear. 

So, this is the end of everything for this month's favourites, folks, let me know what you've been loving this month xx

August Favourites 12

August Favourites 13

August Favourites 5
SHARE:

5 comments

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the Soap&Glory Show Good Face-it's a staple in my makeup bag, and love my Seventeen Brows That! Great picks x

    thebeautyfairground.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love Maybelline's eye concealer too but haven't tried Soap and Glory's Show Good Face. I'll have to put that on my shop list after this baby has arrived!

    ReplyDelete
  4. S&G does foundations??? This is brand new information! I've also been loving the setting power as of late, and practically use it daily.
    THAT NOTEBOOK IS AMAZING.

    Vanessa | Citron and Guavaberry ʘ‿ʘ

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great faves! I loove the pictures as well. The seventeen brow kit looks awesome x

    Jasmin Charlotte | Palette Giveaway

    ReplyDelete

© bexhowells. All rights reserved.
Blogger templates by pipdig