Tuesday 1 September 2015

My go-to: COLAB Dry Shampoo in New York and Rio

Colab Dry shampoo 2

Dry shampoo is a thing that I wasn't aware of until I started University. Late nights and early mornings meant that there was less time to wash my hair, as I would roll out of bed, throw something presentable on, wash my face, apply a little bit of makeup and attempt to control my grease mop of hair - all before rushing off to a 9am lecture. Since then, I've tried all manner of dry shampoos, from expensive to those ones you can pick up in £1 shops - all in the name of finding the best one for the job, and what I've realised is that they majorly dry my scalp out, like dandruff-flaky-scalp-dry, and that's not good at all. So in reducing my consumption of dry shampoo, I've discovered the ones that do the job best, 2-3 times a week, are those from CO-LAB, a brand created by Ruth of A Model Recommends, who not only has amazing hair, but taste in beauty products, so I knew that as soon as I saw them, I needed to give them a try. Not only is the formula sheer, but these Extreme Volume offerings plump up the hair, making lank locks look gorgeous and workable - basically, it gives my hair a bounce, and actually makes it look like I didn't roll out of bed 20 minutes prior. 

With sophisticated and fashionable packaging, these dry shampoos are easy to carry everywhere with you (they come in different sizes for handbags etc) and are totally instagrammable. My favourite two are Rio, a wonderful tropical fragrance in a gorgeous teal colour that my mum can't help but 'borrow' from me (I said borrow, I mean steal and not give back) and New York, a soft fruity fragrance in a bright coral casing. Whether you purchase normal or their Extra Volume shampoos, CO-LAB have hit the nail on the head with their niche of invisible formulas, fun fragrances and swish designs; they've created a formula that I cannot be without, as who wants to wash their hair every other day? So dull, and it takes up so much time. Especially for me, as I tend to shy away from using a lot of heat on my hair during the warmer months, when it can just dry naturally. Which leaves me with lots of wavy hair, and when I use the Extra Volume dry shampoo on wavy hair, it makes everything look more bouffant; my manger in work even asked if I'd had a blow-dry (how's that for volume, huh?). I snapped up these two bottles when they were on offer, but when they're not, they retail for £4.49 each (Rio and New York, and the whole range can be seen here). I don't think there's anyone better than Ruth herself, to model her range, as we see her in her Youtube video's with hair in all manner of style, but I bet these bottles are definitely coming in handy with her new baby. 

The Process of how I apply my dry shampoo (it's nothing groundbreaking, but I always like to be nosy and know how people apply things hehe);

To apply, I brush my hair, making sure there are no tangles or knots, before sectioning parts of the hair with my fingers, and spraying the roots from a good distance away (about 20-30cm will do). Once I've done each section, I pin everything back and continue with my makeup, before running my fingers through my hair, making sure everything has been absorbed. Then with a quick finger back-comb, or a quick brush through the ends of my hair, I'm done! It's simple, non-sticky and since it's a sheer formula, there's no mad brushing, or blending to get rid of the white powdery streaks (I'm looking at you, Bastiste). I always try and leave a few minutes before applying, and then styling my hair, but you're in a mad rush, then you can style right away.

Have you tried anything from the Co-Lab range? Let me know what you think. 

SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© bexhowells. All rights reserved.
Blogger templates by pipdig