Monday 14 September 2015

My Weekly Skincare Saviours

DSC_0143

Three products that my skin has been drinking in this week (I blame the weather for making my skin so dry) are not ones readily found in the drugstore (sadly, my local Boots doesn't have Origins, so ordering online is the only way to go). Jurlique, Caudalie and Origins are full of natural goodness and so damn refreshing that I cannot get enough of them. I really dislike when the weather makes my skin so dry, that I break out into blemishes and eczema - as who wants to be spotty and itchy, with flaky, red skin? No one, that's who. So I've been trying to calm my skin, with cooling, natural-ingredient-rich products, and these three at the moment, are suiting my skin very well. Origins GinZing eye cream (£20, here - full review here) is a brightening, calming, almost flesh toned moisturiser that aims to wakeup the under eye area, and energise it with the scent of citrus, all the while, disguising dark circles and de-puffing. If I had a little fridge in my room, this eye cream would be in there, and I would slather this one my under eyes in the morning, so it could relax me even before the day has properly started (this is basically what I did on my holiday, and boy was it good).

Another product that's been perking me up, is Caudalie's amaaaazing Beauty Elixr (From £10.90, here) which is so damn refreshing that I'm spritzing myself as I write this post - gotta love that scent as well. This weather is making my skin soooo dry right now, my eczema is horrible, flaky and red... not a good look, but Jurlique's Rose Body Oil* (£38, here) is keeping my skin really hydrated (I don't think anything can help my eczema except steroids creams, sadly), especially my shins, which always seem to be really dry and patchy. Not only does it smell of roses (that gorgeous, non-artificial rose scent) but the bottle that it comes in makes it feel so luxurious. I love hard wearing glass bottles, and it doesn't hurt that they look especially pretty sitting on my dressing table (which at the moment, is the biggest mess ever) when it's all tidy and organised. I also sprinkle a few drops in the bath, when my skin is feeling especially dry, combined with the scent, it makes for such a relaxing bath. These three products are really helping to keep my dry, tired skin at bay and really make me look as healthy as possible. Gotta love 'em. What are your skincare saviours in this mix of bad/good weather?


SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© bexhowells. All rights reserved.
Blogger templates by pipdig