Sunday 4 October 2015

Why I fell out of love with blogging, and what's changed.


Falling out of love with blogging

This post isn't going to centre around the blogging community, but mainly about myself... with maybe a bit of soul searching/whining thrown in (just because it's fun), but mostly, about why I felt like I had no energy or desire to blog/write/take photographs. I think the reasons why I was so uninspired was because that I felt like my photography/writing/content was soooo lacking compared to others (and I know we're not supposed to compare ourselves, but we all do it). I love photography, and love trying out new styles, but with amazing men/women/people creating amazing things, I just felt like I couldn't compete. So, I took a break... or temporarily gave up, depends on how you look at it. I've worked loads, travelled a tiny bit with my boyfriend, and as I write this, I'm four days away from my Holiday to Menorca (yay) and I'm trying to sort some Autumn/Winter holiday posts, before I lose all hope and pack away all my sandals, never to be seen again until next year.

So yeah, I gave up. There was/is something better at writing, at photography and styling blog posts, someone prettier and wittier... so where do I fit in? I figured out, that I didn't. Hence the no blog posts for a month (sorry about that, my loves) but now i'm hoping that this post, here, will be the start of something new for me. I just hated everything. My ideas, my writing, my photography (especially that) were all terrible and not good enough - I'm terrible in the sense that if I'm terrible at something, I'll usually give up unless I'm forced to continue onwards. But with blogging, it's different. It's a hobby, and something that's left a really big void in my life - yeah, there's only so much Netflix a girl can watch before it's just enough. But one day, I felt like I could take good pictures. The light was good, and I felt inspired. 100 pictures later, I felt like I had something good enough to post, and something I was actually proud of (which was a big deal for me, considered that my last big bout of picture taking was in July, and I basically hated them all). But now, with the turn of the season, OKK is going to have a voice again, and although it may not be as big, or important or life changing as others, it's mine, and I want to use it.

I've decided on a photography style that works for me (see above, what do you think?) and my writing style, which tends to just be me rambling about what I love and dislike, is going to be somewhat the same as before... hey, it's my voice right, may as well be true to myself. Plus, I wanted a new mascara, and because I've been so unengaged from the blogging world, I had no idea what products people were loving, so... I took a long time to nose around Boots before deciding on one by L'Oreal, as their mascaras tend to always suit me very well. But I basically had nooooo idea, and I hate that. So, back to the blogging world I go, and please leave me links to your blogs, I need to get back into reading all the wonderful beauty/lifestyle centric posts.



SHARE:

3 comments

  1. Great post! I know how you feel, I felt uninspired to blog few months ago and taking a break really helped me to get inspired again and to remind myself why I blog. I wrote a post to help me and to help other people, I wrote why I blog and my favourite things about blogging. Writing that post really helped me to get back on track. Here's my blog link if you want to read the post fashionwithvalentina.blogspot.com

    I hope it'll help you :)
    Valentina

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this post, and the picture that accompanied it was what actually made me click the link, I love it so pretty !! :) x

    http://athingcalledalice.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm feeling exactly the same - not sure if I should give it up for good. https://flowerpowerlife.wordpress.com/

    ReplyDelete

© bexhowells. All rights reserved.
Blogger templates by pipdig