Tuesday 20 October 2015

My Updated Skincare Stash Essentials

Skincare Favourites  3

Back to blogging, and back to basics. A good base stems from good skin, and good skin is a product of good skincare... so I thought I'd show some of my favourite products; how long I've been using them, what benefits they're adding to my skin and whether I'd repurchase. I'll say this now, everything shown is a product that I would buy happily, with my own money. Regardless of cost, these products work for me, and I cannot keep my skin looking good day to day without them (with the exception of a surprise blemish... yeah, can't do anything about those little buggers). 

So let's start with the goodies in the basket: Pixi Glow Tonic, Queen Helene Mint Julep Masque, Aveeno Skin Relief Shea Butter Lotion and Vita Coco Coconut Oil. Four Products that my skin just loves. Aveeno and Vita Coco are two products that are really looking after my skin, in the transition from Summer to Autumn, and then Winter, as my skin gets so so dry and flakey at this time of year. A mix of these two products not only lock moisture in, but I know that they're doing my skin good. Much like my face and hair, I like to lean towards more natural products, unless they're chemical exfoliants (like Pixi's Glow Tonic) as my skin just drinks them in. I find that the two lotions help to combat my eczema, which flares up horrendously and itches so much, so soothing it is a main priority - as otherwise I'll just scratch and scratch until my skin is red raw and bleeding. Not a good look. My go-to masque of the moment for my face is the Mint Julep Masque, as not only is the smell divine, it soaks up all the oil from my t-zone and aids in fighting the oil production, which is a big issue I tend to have with my nose and forehead. I smooth it on, look like Medusa without the snake hair for 15 minutes, and then gently rinse it off with a flannel and warm water: my skin instantly looks brighter, and clearer - for me, it's one of the best masques out there for skin with blemishes and oily skin. Lastly for this section, it's Pixi's Glow Tonic (£18, here), a cult product that I knew I wanted for so long, and when I finally did try it... I wondered why I hadn't purchased it sooner. I soak it onto a cotton pad and run it all over freshly cleansed skin, before completing the rest of my routine. It leaves me looking fresh and clean, with it's Glycolic properties lifting dead skin cells and thereby exfoliating my skin once more - super clean skin, ready for all the oils and serums that my skin slurps up. 

Skincare Favourites 1

Skincare Favourites 2

Moving away from the basket of tricks, I have some of my basic skincare products, including face masks and even my deodorant (£2, here), which is such a godsend, as I'm such a sweaty Betty these days (thank you to Mitchum for keeping the sweating at bay). Soooo, let's start with a brand that I cannot get enough of; Ren. Ren Skincare is simple, effective and a staple in my face mask routines, so much so, I think I might cry when I run out of my Glycolactic Radiance Cleanser (£32, here) as well as my Flash Rinse 1 Minute Facial (£32, here), because they're just so damn good. I use the cleanser twice a week, and the Flash Rinse Facial once a week, or whenever my skin needs some perking up, as one thing that they do well, it make my skin look alive and healthy (something I desperately need right now with this cold *blows nose for the 100th time today*). From Ren masks, I'll move onto another one of my favourite brands, and that's Jurlique: the brands is full of natural, homegrown ingredients and my skin drinks them in so well, especially their Herbal Recovery Advanced Serum * (£49.50, here), and cult product, Rosewater Balancing Mist * (£24, here), which I may have mentioned numerous times... but hey-ho, I love them that much. 

Next up are some glow-getters and some super moisturising products: The Body Shop's Vitamin C Skin Reviver, Embryolisse's Lait Creme Concentre and Kiehl's Creamy Avocado Eye Treatment (£33, here) - three super selections that I love to use, not all together, as I only use Kiehl's during the nighttime, as I find that it's too rich to wear under my makeup during the day. But Embryolisse's moisturiser (£13, here) followed by the Vitamin C Skin Reviver (£16, here) is a duo for radiant skin that I swear by, and have been using for the past few days as I've been feeling under the weather. I would definitely recommend it to someone who's having some issues with dull looking skin during illness. It perks you up, making you look alive and well, when you just want to cuddle up in bed and watch Netflix. 

What skincare stash essentials have you been using recently? Any that I should keep an eye out for? Have you tried anything in this post? 

Skincare Favourites 4

Skincare Favourites 5
SHARE:

1 comment

  1. Hi, Rebecca!

    Thanks for sharing your beauty secrets! I've taken my skin for granted almost my entire life and I'm starting to come up with my own regimen just now. I'll definitely check some of those you have here out and see if they suit my skin.

    I also have a blog myself. It's (http://skintighteningsage.com) you might be interested in checking out my articles. Just sharing some notes. Cheers! :)

    Mia

    ReplyDelete

© bexhowells. All rights reserved.
Blogger templates by pipdig