Thursday 11 July 2013

June Favourites



A bit late, I suppose, but better than never ^^ These were my favourites for the whole month of june, and are still quite stellar products, that I will undoubtedly use day after day, month after month.

La Roche-Posay Effaclar Duo has been raved about by numerous beauty bloggers, and whilst I do agree with them, I'll just add my little thoughts on it. It's very drying on the skin, which is brilliant for those, like myself, who have oily/combination skin, I would take a great amount of care to avoid the sensitive skin under the eyes, and to apply a very hydrating moisturiser after it, as I didn't, blissful ignorance, and I developed a patch of dry skin under my right eye, which was not good at all. So yes, moisturise like crazy after using it.

Maxfactor Colour Correcting Cream, is, I will admit, amazing. It's perfect for the evening the skin tone and giving you that, 'Oh yes, I have some fabulous skin' look, which is what I tend to think when I wear it, which is quite often. I do set it with a powder afterwards, mainly the No7 Creme Touch Face Powder which is perfect for a light dusting, as well as getting rid of the shine that eventually turns up on my nose during the day. It can't be helped. I've come to think of my shiny nose as a homing beacon for my family, and my boyfriend, as he likes to point it out when my nose is shiny. Somewhat helpful, somewhat annoying because I have to powder again.

Barbara Daly Concealer comes in at a rather wonderful price of £5 from Tesco, and to be honest, I've always liked the BD range, as my mother often used to tell me of Barbara Daly, and how she used to do the makeup in Vogue etc. So, my first real venture into makeup, was with Barbara Daly, and I find myself going back to her each time I pop into Tesco. The concealer actually reminds me of an old purchase from Benefit, Boi-ing. A possible dupe? Maybe. Shall have to check it out. Anyway, this concealer, is amazing. Covers everything, although it does sit in the creases under the eyes, so probably best to use a lighter one there. I use it on blemishes with my fingers, and I adore it.

Rimmel Professional Eyebrow Pencil has been a staple in my makeup bag for goodness knows how long. It's simply the best one i've found, and gives me the right amount of definition. I do recommend it being sharp with a decent point, otherwise brows can look a bit too drawn on, which isn't really my style, but if it works for you, go right ahead (: Quick addition of my Shu Uemera eyelash curlers. How did I ever live without you? Same can be said of the L'Oreal Telascopic mascara in waterproof black. Has to be waterproof, as otherwise, my eyelashes will not get off the floor, even with an amazing eyelash curler. So this double team gives me such amazing lashes that last all day, and make me look wide eyed, which is always a plus.

I am loving cream blushes right now, so the two next additions are by MUA and Bourjois. The Bourjois blush in 02 is the most lovely peachy coral, and considering i've never had a blush that wasn't some variation of the colour pink, I am really loving the glow it gives my skin. The cream blush from MUA in Bittersweet is a perfect bright pink that can be really subtle, or really bright and fun. I love how buildable these colours are, like many others, wonder how I could survive with my daily staple of a cream blush.

Last, but certainly not least, is the Revlon Lip Butter in Wild Watermelon. Hello new favourite lipstick ever. Seriously. High praise, but wow. It's subtle, but pigmented. Balm like, but not too glossy. Long lasting but not drying. I can't express how much I adore it.

What are your June favourites?







SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© bexhowells. All rights reserved.
Blogger templates by pipdig