Saturday 27 July 2013

Painted faces on Parade


These are a selection of some of my most recent purchases, and I will admit, I am developing a serious lipstick/lip crayon fetish/addiction. But who can blame me? There are some such gorgeous lip products out there, and by goodness, I just want them all!

Barry M Gelly Hi-Shine Nail polishes in Watermelon and Blackberry, Limited Edition Yellow. I always adore Barry M nail polishes, the choice of colours are wonderful and last quite well, with a good base and top coat. Watermelon is a forest green, that is more Autumn/Winter and this time of year, but oh well, I always was an Autumn child. The same can be said of Blackberry, which to me seems to be more of a Blueberry, but I think there's already one called that? Anywho, it's a gorgeous, light royal blue that I will be coveting this A/W. What is it with me only purchasing one colour acceptable to Summertime? This is their limited edition yellow and it's perfect for a bit of cheer. The yellow is a light daffodil and screams summertime.

Soap and Glory Sexy Mother Pucker Gloss Stick in Raplumpzel according to my Mum, smells like chocolate. The colour is a reddy grape, and surprisingly not sticky for a gloss stick, which I adore, because I am not one for glosses. I think I've lost this one to my mother already, haha, but this has the makings of being one of my go to lip crayons, and I love a good lip crayon. 

Bourjois Colour Boost Lip Crayon in Red Sunrise is such a gorgeous pinky red, pigmented, very glossy and long lasting. The colour is so wonderful, I can't stop looking at it and it lasts for a good three or four hours before application is needed again. I am so impressed with these lip crayons.

Barry M lipstick in 160 Black Cherry is gorgeous, very similar in colour to Rimmel's Kate Moss lipstick in 107, but I would say a bit more purple. It's perfect for when you want a dark lip, but I would definitely pale out the lips beforehand, to create a good base, and include a good liner. I've only used it without at the moment, but I am planning a lips/lipstick post, to showcase some swatches. 

Barbara Daly Cream Colour lipstick in Tiger Lily is a wonderful coral red, very soft and creamy, not too bright compared to others in the same colour range, which is why I really like it. Even though it's a red coral, it's still subtle enough to wear everyday, this is from a person who until very recently was a total scaredy cat when it came to bright lip colours.

Bourjois Rouge Edition lipstick in 15 Rouge Podium is another coral red, this one is brighter, and yes, another lip product. Say it with me: Obsessed! They last for a long time, like their different coloured counterparts, and I will say, this formula works for me. It can be a bit cakey if you apply layer after layer, so I do try and apply it with as light a hand as possible. Or Even apply some and then blend it out with my finger. 

Along Came Betty Bow Headband is just so darn cute! I adore it so much! It's perfect to push my hair back off of my face when taking off my makeup, or putting on a face mask. I am just loving it. I feel so retro when wearing it. 

What are your favourite lip products at the moment? Any recent purchases that you're loving?

xx

SHARE:

10 comments

  1. Interested in the Sexy Mother Pucker gloss. Very tempted not to pick it up myself!


    Zubie's Musings

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I totally recommend it! It's such a gorgeous colour, and the formula is so soft and it's a really nice gloss, not sticky or anything (: my mum and I totally love it (:

      Thank you for your comment sweetie (:

      xx

      Delete
  2. I love the quality of the Bourjois lipsticks, I bought Fraise Remix and it's really nice. I really fancy trying the Bourjois pencils but I haven't seen them in sale here in Dubai-might ask my mum to bring a couple when she visits in October! xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I totally recommend the lip crayons, they're so good! The colour payoff is amazing, and they last so long! Really bright and summery, I would so tell your mum to get them! There are four of them, and they are so gorgeous. I love them so much (:

      xx

      Delete
  3. which lip crayon do you recommend more? for long lasting power xx

    www.peacel0vemakeup.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really like the Bourjois lip crayons, the colour is fantastic and really long lasting, I find. The Soap and Glory lip pencil, the colours look gorgeous, and i do love how plump they make my lips look, I don't think they last as long. I would try out the colours and see what looks the best on you (:

    Thanks for the comment, sweetie

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the gelly nail varnishes ! they are amazing :) I need a long lasting lipstick which is cheap, what do u recommend? do please check out my blog!!!!! I need some tips!! http://mollyraybeauty.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They're really lovely, the gel polishes, aren't they? (: I always think the Kate Moss for Rimmel lipsticks last really well, and they're such good colours and textures, as well as being quite inexpensive. Hope that helps sweetie (:

      Of course I'll check you out (:

      xx

      Delete
  6. Im a sucker for the gelly nail varnishes, but I really really want to try the colour boost lip crayon!!! They sound soooo good!!

    hannahlouboo.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You so so get them, the colour pay off is so good <3

      xx

      Delete

© bexhowells. All rights reserved.
Blogger templates by pipdig