Friday 12 July 2013

Revlon Colourstay Nail Polish in Porcelain




I really, really wanted to like this. I liked the colour and it's Revlon, so I assumed the formula would be good. The answer was a streaky finish, and a brush i'm not too keen on. Love the colour in the bottle, and on the nails from a distance, but up close it just looked like my nail... after two coats I gave up. It may look amazing on another person, but I don't like it on me. Maybe it'd look better on my toe nails.. We'll have to wait and see, but this was not a good purchase, and something I will not be wearing on my fingernails again, unless someone can persuade me otherwise. 

It's a shame, it looked lovely on my nail colour wheel.

What do you think of the Revlon Colourstay nail polishes? Are they something that you like, formula and colour wise? Let me know (: 

xx
SHARE:

10 comments

  1. I'm completely in love with my Revlon Colour Stay in Marmalade - got it on my nails now in fact.
    Yesterday I purchased the new shade Natural Tan ready for my graduation. Am yet to try it on the nail but it looks delicious.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooooh, maybe it's just Bare Bones that's a bit.. wishy washy, perhaps it's just the colour and not the formula. Hmm. Shall have to try another one, just to make sure (: Marmalade sounds lovely, how would you describe the colour?

      (:

      xx

      Delete
  2. Ahh I really wanted to get this shade! I think it depends on the skin tone whether it suits you or not. Maybe try a shade darker?
    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's a good idea, I think i'll try a darker shade, just so I have more of an idea (: Thanks for the suggestion, lovely. I'd say it's worth a try (:

      xx

      Delete
  3. Looks very good...I like your blog.^^
    Maybe follow each other on bloglovin?
    Let me know follow you then back.
    Lovely greets Nessa

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you so much for the follow,dear. ;-)
    Follow you back on bloglovin.
    Hope you visit my blog again...

    ReplyDelete
  5. So pretty!Lovely blog!!! Would you like to follow each other on bloglovin' ? xoxo
    gleamingspire.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you sweetie (: And I would love to, sorry about the delayed response ^^

      xx

      Delete
  6. im wearing 'make mine mango' now, its the first Revlon polish ive used and im impressed! might do a NOTD post on it :) xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oooh, I'd love to see that (: the name sounds lovely, what kind of colour is it? I'm a fan of other Revlon nail polishes, but that colour stay polish, above, was horrid. Shall need to try more (:

      I'd very much like to see a nails of the day post (:

      xx

      Delete

© bexhowells. All rights reserved.
Blogger templates by pipdig