Sunday 28 July 2013

What I wore


Seeing as it's Summertime (British Summertime) it means the weather is very changeable (seriously) and yesterday was no excuse. It was warm, it was cold... I swear it rained at some point. Suede shoes and rain = abort mission, abort. However, it was my grandfather's 81st Birthday Party, complete with chocolate cake, finger sandwiches and numerous balloons, so I thought, why not wear something that can be worn in any weather, in any situation? So, that called for a maxi dress, and not just any one. Rocking three trends at once, ombre, maxi and side slits is this gorgeous dress from Matalan, which is sadly now only available in an orangey red but gorgeous, regardless. It has a tie around the waist, which fastens in order to bring some definition to the waistline, which I find is always a good thing for my figure. The denim jacket is from Next, and has become a staple to throw on over any outfit, just to take the chill off. I find it can be worn with anything, and looks especially lovely with a maxi dress. The creamy pink suede wedges are from Clarks, they were in the sale, and they were like walking on a cloud. They are so comfortable, I wear them around the house, because they're just too damn comfy. I recommend all of Clarks shoes, as they are easily the comfiest shoes I've ever owned. The sunglasses are vintage, and were bought by my mum in the 80's, I believe. I think they were even from Boots... and by damn they're a stylish addition to any outfit. Last but not least, the jewels. The Flamingo necklace is a purchase from the Dorothy Perkins sale and has graced my instagram page many times, the bracelets are a mixture of BHS and H&M.

It was a lovely day, and the outfit was smart, stylish yet free enough for me to be the unofficial camera person for the day. What have you been wearing recently? Any stand out favourites?

xx

SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© bexhowells. All rights reserved.
Blogger templates by pipdig