Monday 5 August 2013

Soap and Glory Cosmetics




How much do I love thee? Seriously, since I bought the foundation and powder, I have worn nothing else, and my goodness, my formerly very shiny face seems to no longer exist. How?! I have no idea, but Soap and Glory have done it, and I am so very happy that they have.

Show Good Face Foundation and Primer in 'Fairest of them all'  is a light to medium coverage foundation and primer, in let's face it, the cutest name ever! It goes on really well, and i'd say it was more of a light coverage than a medium, as i do need quite a bit of concealer to cover my blemishes when I wear this, but I love the way it feels. It super light and feels like i'm not wearing anything at all on my skin. 

One Heck of a Blot Translucent Powder is OHMYGODAMAZING. If you follow me on Instagram (ohkalukalay) then you'll know how much I'm loving this product. It totally eliminated my shine from the start and almost half a day later, I was still shine free. This has never happened before, so I got very, very excited. I put this on with a powder brush, pressing it onto the skin, not swirling it all over the face is the best way to use it, and keep shine at bay. By pressing it down, you're setting the makeup, and not allowing shine/oiliness to peek through. This has got to be one of my holy grail products.

A Great Kisser Lip Balm in 'Chocolate Cherry' is really lovely. It smells delicious, feels really soft on the lips, and moisturises them very nicely. It's a similar colour to the rosy tint by Vaseline, but this is a lot more pigmented, and gives a very subtle pink shine to the lips. 

Smooch Operator (which I can't find on the Boots website) is an okay product. It takes a lot of rubbing in the packaging before you feel like you have a good amount on your finger, and even then, when you put it on your lips, it still doesn't feel like enough. It's slightly bizarre, but I will keep using it, as I like the slight tingle it gives my lips, and will report back with a longer review.

Are the Soap and Glory cosmetics something that you'd be interested in? Which products appeal to you the most?

xx

SHARE:

8 comments

  1. I want them balms! S&G has the cutest packaging!

    Molly xx
    Lyon Notes

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They do, don't they? It's so sweet and vintage-y. They're so benefit inspired <3 Really like the Great Kisser lip balm, really lovely <3

      Thanks for the comment, sweetie xx

      Delete
  2. Now I'd like to give S&G a try! Love the post xx

    Http://yourteendiaries.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really recommend them (: They've always got loads to testers, so I say go a bit wild and see what you like best (:
      Thank you, so glad that you liked it (:

      <3

      xx

      Delete
  3. I always just go crazy over the packaging of these things, but I only like the products half the time. It's probably best my budget keeps me from buying them :P

    http://lasaloperie.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isn't the packaging lovely? It's so Benefit, but more affordable (: Haha, I know what you mean. I only fancied a few products, and so I bought them. But I totally think they're worth a good test and swatch before buying (:

      Thanks for the comment, sweetie xx

      Delete
  4. I'd really love to try 'One heck of a blot' - I've heard so many good things about it! I would definitely recommend 'Glow all out' by S&G, it's a really lovely highlighter!

    Have you tried the concealer from them? I've heard its great!

    Nif x

    http://nifsthings.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's wonderful <3 I've heard such good things about 'Glow all out', and i'm so tempted to buy it.

      I haven't but i'll make sure to try it out, thank you sweetie <3

      xx

      Delete

© bexhowells. All rights reserved.
Blogger templates by pipdig