Tuesday 14 January 2014

Revlon Photoready Eye Primer and Brightener Review


If you follow me on twitter (@ohkalukalay) then you might have seen me mention this little beauty, and the miracle it works for me. So much so, I even got a cheeky little retweet from Revlon themselves (still chuffed about this, haha) and I said something similar to that of 'Revlon's eye primer and brightener is a good sleep in a stick' … or something like that, ha. It's a product for those early mornings where your eyes can barely stay open, but you want to give the impression of 'hey, yes, i'm wide awake, what is everyone complaining about?' when inside you're yawning away. This was a little christmas present from my parents (they know me so well) and since I opened it, it's been an early morning staple. Not only is it an eyelid primer, which is always a good thing for a beauty blogger to have in their arsenal, but it's a brightener. This is the illuminator that we dust over our cheekbones, but far more subtle in its glow, and it packs that extra staying power for eyeshadows/cream eye shadows (i'm favouring MUA's Heaven and Earth Palette, Maybelline's Colour tattoo cream shadows in On and on Bronze and Pomegranate at the moment).

I wouldn't take this under the eye, as in to help cover under eye darkness (I've tried it, for purely research reasons only…) because even though it's a primer, it caused my concealer and foundation to look quite cakey and crease quite easily, which is somewhat ironic, yes? I would apply this all over the eye using the wand, and then blend with my finger, making sure to take it into the corner of the eye, as any additional brightness we can get in the corner of the eye is genius and something we all should aspire to have (seriously, without a champagne coloured shimmer eyeshadow in the inner corner of my eye, I would never look awake, regardless of what else is on my face, I like to blame the hereditary bags under my eyes). On the photo below, there are two swatches, one visible, and one not (there's also a bruise, but let's not dwell on that). To the right we see the product, which is quite peachy in tone when first applied and even darker in the tube, which caused a bit of worry when I first saw it. But after rubbing the product into the skin, which can be seen(?) to the left of the swatch, it completely blends into the skin and is no longer really visible, but it did even out the skin tone on the back of my hand (which because i'm ridiculously pale, looks purple with all the veins).

This product makes a difference in those early mornings to me, as i'm all for looking more alive that I actually am, and I believe that it genuinely makes my eyes look a bit brighter and also allows more wear out of my eyeshadows than I had previously. Especially with creamy eyeshadows, which do tend to crease on my somewhat oily lids after a long day. This is a winner of a product for me, and makes those early mornings seem a bit more bearable. Brava Revlon.

Is this a product that catches your eye? Let me know (:

xx


SHARE:

6 comments

  1. I really want this now! Anything that makes me look more awake at 7am is a winner. Must keep an eye out in Boots for this x

    thebeautyfairground.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know what you mean! Anything that can help with looking more alive in the early hours of the morning has to be worth it (: hehe

      xx

      Delete
  2. I use an MUA primer thing (so technical) because I'm a cheapskate, but this does sound like quite the hot little ticket *resists buying* x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's really fabulous, and I hope that you can give it a little swatch to see how good it is (:

      xx

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. It really is fab, and I hope you get the chance to check it out (:

      xx

      Delete

© bexhowells. All rights reserved.
Blogger templates by pipdig