Sunday 19 January 2014

Week #2: My week in one picture


As well as playing around with different photo compositions (am I liking this? Hmm), this week has been a mixture of things. But a few components have been constant, and they are strong brows, contoured cheeks and lashes full of mascara. Not only one mascara, but two: Revlon's Lash Potion on the top lashes, and No7's Stay Perfect Long Lasting Volume on the bottom lashes, this idea curtesy of Alix from I Covet Thee, who, in a makeup tutorial used the No7 mascara on her bottom lashes, claiming that it didn't run, smudge or flake, and I totally agree with her. So two mascara's is now my go to. For my strong brows, I'm love  love loving MUA's Pro-Brow Ultimate Eyebrow Kit, and the darkest colour is the only thing that has been swept through my brows in the past few weeks. I apply it with an angled brow brush (I've had mine for years, so no idea where it came from) and I think an angled brush is far better than anything else for getting that amazing brow look. 

Another look for the eyes is Maybelline's Colour Tattoo Cream Shadow in Metallic Pomegranate, which is so amazing (I've smudged it in the crease of my eye today for a different look, combined with lots of liquid eyeliner in a sunday cat eye). For me, this is a product that needs a very well blended base coat, and I apply with a shadow brush (My go to is one from Barbara Daly) and then for the second coat, I apply it with a bit of a heavy hand on the lids, as I really want that gorgeous colour to come through (I think this would look gorgeous on any eye colour, but those lucky ones with green eyes, this is a must have). This eyeshadow look can be achieved in two minutes when you're in a rush, or four/five when you have more time to make sure the look is perfect.

My one cheek product is from Dainty Doll and is a cream blush in 003, which I use as a contour, as most of the contours on he market are too dark for me (or that's my inexperience and fear showing) and I apply it with a Real Techniques Contour Brush which is perfect for the hollows of the cheeks. I blend this in stages, and always start light before adding more.

Two others that i've been loving are two non-makeup related additions, the newest one being The Body Shop's Vitamin C Daily Moisturiser and I love it. The way it smells is gorgeous, and it makes my skin feel silky without being too heavy for my oily/combination skin. This little darling is going to have a review all to itself, so keep an eye out for that. Last, but not least is a perfume. Cacharel's Amor Amor and be still my beating heart, it's gorgeous. For me, citrus is a big winner of a scent (seriously, whenever I cut open a lemon or lime.. it's heavenly) and this hits the nail on the head. It's light, but fresh and glorious, making me wish spring would come a great deal sooner. Watch out for a review on this little fabulousness.

Just a little note at the bottom, but I've been looking for a holiday in France, and have decided to head for one not far from Paris, so you can bet there'll be some pictures from that fabulous city come May. Can you tell I'm excited?! 

How has your week been? Are there any products that have made the past seven days, for you?

xx
SHARE:

1 comment

  1. Aw! I just ordered from MUA and completely forgot about their eyebrow-kit! Dang it!

    The past seven days I've been slathering my lips with the EOS Strawberry Sufflé.

    Kat B
    Katience DK

    ReplyDelete

© bexhowells. All rights reserved.
Blogger templates by pipdig