Friday 10 January 2014

Sleek True Colour Lipstick Sheen in Cherry



They say good things come in small packages… mini-doughnuts, earrings, Martin Freeman…anywho… This offering from Sleek Makeup is a winner. As soon as I swatched it on my hand in Superdrug, I was sold! This is a highly pigmented, non-drying, conditioning sheen lipstick that according to the packaging 'helps to keep lips soft and supple. Contains Vitamin E, which helps to hydrate and protect the lips from free radicals that cause premature ageing'. The colour is divine, a delicious Cherry purpley-red, that is so so so pigmented when applied to the lips, so much so, that my eyes lit up as soon as I put it on (i'm wearing it as I write this review, yes, I love it just that much) It's very moisturising, and one of my pet peeves is lipsticks that dry my lips and then disappear completely, as what was the point of wearing it at all?! Bad makeup companies who bring out such horrible lipsticks, boo on you!


Anyway, back to this little piece of gorgeousness. Ugh, it's gorgeous, isn't it? The packaging is matte black, very sleek if I can say so, and it feels really lovely when you hold it between your fingers to apply it (does that matter to anyone else? Just me? Hmm) I was never a lipstick person a few years ago (for shame, I know) and when I did wear lipstick, it was only something sheer, or something that wouldn't draw too much attention to me. Since those times, with growing confidence, my choices in colour have gotten darker, and I find myself slicking on some gorgeous dark berry colours without giving it a second though. It feels pretty badass, I will admit. Surely you know what feeling i'm talking about? That 'I feel amazingly amazing today. I will walk with a ridiculous amount of swag' kind of feeling. I love lipsticks that make me feel like that, as even though I might be having a bad day, a swipe of a lipstick in a powerful colour is enough to pick me up and make me face the day. Who ever said makeup wasn't confidence boosting

This colour has a cool purpley undertone that can be layered to create a darker, deeper, almost blood red colour that is divine, and one that I imagine will look gorgeous on almost any skin-tone. I cannot recommend this lipstick enough, but I will add that a lipliner will make this last longer, and push it to a good four hours before any serious touching up needs to be done. 



What do you think of this gorgeous colour? Is this something that you'd wear? What are your signature colours to make you feel full of confidence? Let me know.

xx
SHARE:

7 comments

  1. Love this colour! I need to try sleek products, I don't own anything of there's but hear such good things about them!

    www.tillylions.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous rich shade, looks amazing :o)! Xx

    Makeup by Candlelight

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'd totally wear this, it's amazing! :D

    The Oxford Owl

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my gosh this is gorgeous!! I have the shade Mystic and it's definitely love - might have to purchase this one next :) thank you!

    Rosie xo

    rosiemickhaiel.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Rebecca! This looks a bit like the Mac lipstick I am about to post on my blog today! I picked up one of these to try whilst I was in the UK!


    Stacey Expat Make-Up Addict xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a gorgeous shade very pigmented too really need this! x

    www.krystelcouture.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. This looks like such a beauty of a shade, not sure I could pull it off though (I have the voldemorts nose equivalent of lips). I do really love the formulas of Sleek lipsticks though, amazing for a few quid x

    Amy / srslylou.com

    ReplyDelete

© bexhowells. All rights reserved.
Blogger templates by pipdig