Friday 11 December 2015

Bright Nail Polishes that I'll be wearing into Winter.

Nail Polish obsessions

Nail Polish obsessions

Nail Polish obsessions

Now I'm usually all about dark Nail Polishes for colder months, but then again, who isn't? I love breaking out the burgundy reds, the deep navy blues and blacks, but sometimes... when it's so dark, I just want to paint my nails a bright, tropical blue because I want to go on Holiday again. I miss bright nails, holidays and cocktails on the beach. I reaaaally do. So I had a rummage through my collection, and picked out a select few shades that I would wear in A/W despite them being so Summery. They also turned out to be from my three favourite Nail Polish brands: Maybelline, Sally Hansen and Essie, and I hope that you'll all feel the need, one day, to stray away from the greys and reds, and maybe throw on a pink or even a rose gold, just because it certainly makes me feel like a Holiday is coming soon. But then I realise it's not, and then I feel the need to book one... those colours are actually really enabling for Holiday shopping, so if you're shying away from booking one, maybe a bright Nail Polish is the answer to your solutions. 

If you follow this blog, then you'll know that I love a good blue colour. On clothing, nails and on here (see header) but when I wore a selection of these in Summer, I loved them so much, that I refuse to simply not wear them for months and months at a time. They're just so beautiful. Turquoise, baby blue... a bit of sparkle; it's almost impossible for me not to be drawn to these colours, therefore... I have to wear them. I just have to. 

Nail Polish obsessions

So let's look at them in more detail. From left to right; Maybelline's Uptown Blue, Essie's Naughty Nautical, Sally Hansen in Fruitti Petutie and Mermaid's Tale, Maybelline's Golden Brown and Sally Hansen in Over the RainBlue

Uptown Blue is a gorgeous soft, almost baby blue with a hint more brightness in it, and the formula is everything. It's so long lasting, far better than most polishes that I've tried. I only trust three brands and three ranges of nil polish, and you can be, they're Maybelline, Essie and Sally Hansen. Along with Uptown Blue we've got Golden Brown, which is a familiar hint towards the rose gold/copper trend, as why not wear it on your nails when everything else that you own is in that colour range? I am a huge fan of this colour, and I cannot get enough of it, whatever the time of year. It's especially A/W, but who wants to keep such a gorgeous colour contained in one season? I also think the brush is a wonderful shape... two swipes and the nail is covered; brilliant for hassle free nail painting, as it sometimes can be a very stressful time. 

Onto Sally Hansen, and there are three offerings from her range; Frutti Petiutie, a sharp, vibrant fuchsia pink that looks perfect whether tanned or pale, Mermaid's Tale, a bright, more blue turquoise than the one from Essie, but still a gorgeous shade no matter the time of year and Over the RainBlue, a fantastic royal blue sparkle polish with different sizes of glitter particles. Perfect for a festive look, or to use on one finger as an accent nail. And lastly, we have Essie and Naughty Nautical, one of my go-to Summer shades that I cannot bare to put away for the changing season... I just adore it so much. It's a gorgeous teal, turquoise shade with a shot of shimmer running through it, and it makes the colour shine and sparkle. Just a fantastic shade, and if you look closely on the swatch, you should be able to see the shimmer. 

These shades are in rotation with darker, wine esc colours but I really don't want to see them sitting in my drawer, waiting for me to use them again when the sun decides to come out (knowing the UK, it'll be June before we see much sun) but maybe I'll book a holiday... and then I'll take a few shades with me. That way, we'll both get to see some sun, and we'll all be happy. Menorca or a Greek Island, anyone? 


Nail Polish obsessions

Nail Polish obsessions

Nail Polish obsessions

Nail Polish obsessions
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© bexhowells. All rights reserved.
Blogger templates by pipdig