Tuesday 29 December 2015

Pinterest Bedroom Collage and my Ikea Bedroom Wishlist.

Pinterest Collage bedroom 1
one | two | three | four | five 

Sometimes I think it's so easy to decorate. I plan everything in my head, after amassing dozens of images (which are placed into carefully collected folders on Pinterest) and then it's all done. Room after room, they're all perfect in my head... and of course, they change as the seasons change. Grey and red, warm and cozy for cold evenings by a log fire, but for Spring, everything is light and airy, so I think if I was to actually decorate anything... it would take a long time. To get the balance  right between functionality and practicality is something I've long admired from people (my cousin's house is a prime example - it's perfect; pastel and cream, with two mischievous little pugs to add to all that amazingness), and I know that the results of a good home are tried and tested. 

I had polka dot wallpaper and a clown border as a child... I don't like clowns (just no) so the fact that they were on my walls made me quite a nervous child, but as soon as my bedroom walls were lilac, everything seemed to change. I was nearing 10 and growing up. Then, as I continued to grow, my walls were cream and I had a black metal daybed from Ikea. It was beautiful, and I loved it so much. Fast forward to now (life after returning from university and being stuck in the smallest bedroom, until my brother moved out); my small room was cream, white and light... everything was bright and just beautiful. Grey brick wallpaper, with Audrey Hepburn and David Bowie on my walls. Heavenly. My brother's room on the other hand: Dark grey walls, black furniture and...it's all just dark. These choices are courtesy of my brother and his taste (or lack thereof), and once he moved out into his own home with his partner, he left his furniture and I once again, took over the second largest bedroom (moving from the small box room, into the room I occupied as a child). Everything is dark, depressing and I hate it. 

But I have hope. White/cream walls, my white-washed cream wardrobes and a chest of drawers that is tall with numerous drawers. Ikea has become my daydreaming/future bedroom furniture retailer of choice and I cannot help but be excited by the prospect of a light room again. There may be daylight in my room, but dark grey walls suck it all up, as opposed to reflecting it. It's dull, trust me. But a Brusali Bed frame and a Hemnes chest of drawers is going to change all of it. I may even spring for a Tarva Chest of drawers, which is screaming out to me for white paint and metallic gold sprayed legs. Oh the choices. 
SHARE:

1 comment

  1. Love Pinterest for interior inspo<3 I think my favourite here is the blue and white duvet cover with the pink flowers on the bedside table, so feminine and cute!

    Sinéad ♥ fabuleuse, toujours ♥

    ReplyDelete

© bexhowells. All rights reserved.
Blogger templates by pipdig