Tuesday 1 December 2015

Two lipstick favourites from November.

DSC_0040

DSC_0041

Winter, and colder seasons are usually times of the year when I break out the burgundy and berry lipsticks, but this year, those colours have been put on hold whilst I still enjoy the pinks/corals of Summertime, despite there not being much sun around at all. Clinique's Melon Pop and Revlon's Pink in the Afternoon are two soft shades that can be worn with very minimal effort, as they're so light, touch-ups aren't something to worry yourself about. They fade evenly after a few hours, especially if you're eating or work in retail and spend hours speaking to customers - these colours are subtle enough to wear and only touch up when you're on your break, or when you have a spare two minutes. 

Melon Pop is a pinky-coral colour, very upbeat and easy to wear; it brightens up my entire look and makes such a difference from the reds that I am prone to wearing. It goes on glossy, but if you pat the gloss away, it stays quite matte for a long time, making it two looks for one lipstick. Pink in the Afternoon is a colour I would never usually wear, but this colour is such a beautiful pink-nude that it's so easy to just slick on and go. It's formula isn't as glossy as the others, which I really like as I'm not a huge fan of gloss at all (far too sticky for my liking), and on the lips, it makes my lips seem a lot bigger... which is odd as not a lot of colours tend to do that. Must be the fact that it's so light and might even blend into my skin in a strange way. My lips are quite big anyway, but they look even more plumped up in this shade. Definitely something to look at again if you've passed over this shade, unsure of what it would look like on. It's a winner, both of these lipsticks are, trust me. 

DSC_0042

DSC_0043
SHARE:

2 comments

  1. I neeed another of the Clinique lipsticks I got one of the free ones with glamour and I absolutely love it!
    Coleoftheball xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the look of melon pop!

    Amy - http://fourcatsplusus.co.uk

    ReplyDelete

© bexhowells. All rights reserved.
Blogger templates by pipdig