Wednesday 16 December 2015

Hourglass Ambient Lighting Blusher in Dim Infusion

Hourglass Ambient Lighting Blusher

Hourglass Ambient Lighting Blusher

What can I say about such a beautiful product? Well, it's gorgeous and shot through with a mix of highlighting powder as well as blusher, making the marble effect distinct to each palette. Dim Infusion (£28, here) is mixed with Dim Light (of the Ambient Lighting powders), a soft coral combined with a gentle highlight to give a 'glow from within' look. I am a huuuuge fan. Of course I don't own any of the actual luminous powders from Hourglass, but this blush, as my first dip into the brand, is a wonderful product. Blusher is a product that I cannot get enough of. It lights up my face and makes me look alive; two things that are very important to me and my pale/deathly pale skin (I only tend to go deathly pale in Winter before I've drawn my brows on and dusted bronzer all over my features). This blusher was purchased for me in Las Vegas, by my parents who went into a Sephora, spoke to one of the lovely girls and afterwards gave her a list of things that I had requested. The Sephora girls, obviously well-versed in being given lists of products, called into her headset, 'We've got a list here, we've got a list'. She then proceeded to collect all of the items that I had wanted and then gave them all to my mum, who had been completely overwhelmed by the amount of beauty products in Sephora (even a small Boots overwhelms my mother, so you can bet that she was close to walking out almost as soon as she walked in), and then proceeded to pay before quickly leaving and heading back out into the Nevada sunshine. SpaceNK and Harvey Nichols are the only other place that I know of, that stock Hourglass cosmetics, so you can bet that when I find one, I'll be testing out as many of their products as possible before making a rather large purchase. We don't tend to have fancy stores like that in Wales (maybe in Cardiff one day), so when I do venture to London in February, I'll be spending all my money in the makeup aisles of Selfridges, SpaceNK, Fresh and Harvey Nichols

Soooo back to the formula; it's silky, buttery smooth, super blendable and beautiful. A marble mix of coral loveliness, that is encase is a metallic palette, which looks super expensive and classic, but is actually very wearable - basically, it's plastic and not metal, therefore it looks stupendous on your dressing table, but doesn't weigh you down when you carry it around with you, on your day out, or when you take it with you on holiday (whether for a mini-break or for a week +). I use a Stippling brush, as well as a Real Techniques blushing brush to apply to the apples of my cheeks after my foundation and concealer - I love a wonderful coral, as it's so much peachier than pink, giving me a peaches and cream complexion, rather than a rosy one. I do love pink as well, but until I step away from this one and purchase another blusher from Hourglass, I think coral will be holding a place in my heart. 

For my next purchases from Hourglass, I'm contemplating another blusher in Ethereal Glow and the Ambient Lighting Palette... because it just looks so completely wonderful and... it's everything. I've wanted it for a long time, but I've never worked up the nerve to actually purchase it. 

Hourglass Ambient Lighting Blusher

Hourglass Ambient Lighting Blusher in
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© bexhowells. All rights reserved.
Blogger templates by pipdig