Wednesday 30 December 2015

Estée Lauder Clear Difference Oil Control Moisturising Gel

Estee Lauder Clear Difference Gel Moisturiser 5

Estee Lauder Clear Difference Gel Moisturiser 6

I'm used to moisturisers being soft and supple under my fingertips, but gels are an entirely different matter. They're smooth and sleek, almost as if I'm putting hair gel on my face (god, what a disaster that would be). But nope, this stuff isn't hair gel (yeah, I think Esteé Lauder are a bit too fancy for that kinda stuff), it's actually a wonderfully hydrating, oil-free moisturiser that aims to reduce shine by controlling the amount of sebum produced by the skin. I've got oily/combination skin, so anything that helps my t-zone to stay under control is a winner by me; less shine is always something that I am  aiming for with my skincare/makeup routine. Estée Lauder's Clear Difference Oil Control Gel * (£42, here) is not only moisturising to the skin, with or without makeup on top of it, it also acts as a mattifying base for my makeup, and for a natural look, I can use this moisturiser right before applying my foundation, as the product blends so seamlessly on top of a good base. So I can forego a primer and just..well, go. 

It's the kinda product that you massage into the skin after your morning cleanse, then potter around for a bit, getting ready, before going back and applying your makeup; finding that everything just sits well and blends like a dream. Plus it also smells really nice, so that's another win, right? It sinks into my skin like a dream, as I always find that my skin just drinks up moisture, and this product is no different. But as opposed to leaving a sheen on the skin, it just leaves a mixture of a soft glow, with a matte finish... kinda the primer that you always wanted, but never knew you wanted. Or, maybe the primer that I never knew I wanted. I use my Stila One Step Colour Corrector usually before I apply my makeup, as I find that the green counteracts the redness in my skin really well, but some days, i just don't want to use a primer, and I find that using this moisturiser before applying my makeup gives such a natural look, almost a matte glow (if that's such a thing) and although I may have to dab a little bit of concealer on my cheeks to cover the redness, I still adore the look that it gives. After I blend on some bronzer and a hint of blush, I find that my skin looks so natural and barefaced, but in a nice way; not the 'I just woke up with sleep still in my eyes' look, but the 'I'm healthy and ready to start the day' barefaced chic that I long for. It's the natural look that models have on catwalks that always makes me so so envious. Why do they get all the good skin? Well, not so much, anymore.

I apply this moisturiser with my fingers (although I have tried applying it with a brush, and I find that it doesn't bring about as much redness in the skin as to when I pat my moisturiser onto my face with my hands) and I just love that when it's sunk in, and my skin is ready to go, that it's such a simple, easy process. No faffing with multiple products, or anything like that, it's a simple shot of moisture right to the skin. Some mornings, I may even apply Estée Lauder's Advanced Night Repair underneath it, just so that I have that double hit of hydration that sets me up for the rest of the day. I've found that the tub lasts for a very long time; 50ml full of a blueish white gel has lasted me a good 10+ weeks, and I've still got ages to go with a sizeable amount left - it's a purchase that my skin loves, especially in warmer weather, as this doesn't sweat off, or run off my face like I found other moisturisers tended to do. Y'know, those sweats that feel as if you're sweating off all of the makeup and skincare that you put on earlier that day? Yeah, this does' feel like that. The makeup may have smudged, but my skin felt like my moisturiser was still there. 

I'm a huuuuge huge fan of Estée Lauder skincare, with there being three main favourites; this Clear Difference Oil Control Moisturiser, their Clear Difference Purifying Exfoliating Mask (I reviewed it here earlier this year) and the Advanced Night Repair Serum (which I post about so much, but spoke about here), as I know that I can trust my skin with their skincare products. I also adore their makeup. Like seriously, they're just so damn good. If they start making clothes or you know, boyfriends... I'd definitely see what was going on (sorry to the bf if you're reading this, haha). Oh, and their perfume is wonderful too. I spoke about two duty-free purchases from EL here, my two favourite perfumes from them here, and my relationship with the brand, here. I'm a massive Esteé Lauder fan, and as I keep adding to my collections, my love only grows. Keep on doing good things, EL. I'll be here, waiting and admiring. 


Estee Lauder Clear Difference Gel Moisturiser 7

Estee Lauder Clear Difference Gel Moisturiser 8 Swatch
SHARE:

2 comments

  1. It sounds great! I don't know if it would be enough for my skin, but it sounds so good! :) xx

    Gyudy's Notes Of Beauty

    ReplyDelete
  2. This sounds brilliant! I've got seriously oily skin so I'm always on the lookout for suitable skincare :)

    Lilies and Lipbalm
    xx

    ReplyDelete

© bexhowells. All rights reserved.
Blogger templates by pipdig