Sunday 20 December 2015

My version of 'Netflix and Chill'

Netflix and Chill 1

Netflix and Chill 3

Netflix and Chill 4

Ironically, as I write this, I am actually 'Netflix and chilling', but y'know, in the sense that I'm snuggled up in bed, with my laptop, a face mask on whilst watching endless episodes of Community. (no boyfriend in sight). So yeah, not to get this confused with the actual definition of 'Netflix and Chill' which is always amazingly appropriate, thanks for that Urban Dictionary. But yes, onto my actual chilling out with Netflix... it's something I tend to do most nights, if there's nothing on TV that I need to catch up with (i.e. First Dates or re-runs of the third season on Sherlock) but when I put on a facemask, and break out something to nibble on, then you know, you just know that this is going to be a good night. For me, after a long, hectic day at work (gotta love retail at this time of the year), relaxing and snuggling up are two of my favourite things, and what's better than sorting your skin out whilst watching something good? 

So, make yourself a steaming hot cup of tea, grab your nibble of choice and head to your chosen 'chilling room'. Deposit said tea and nibbles before heading to the bathroom, for a facial cleanse followed by a face mask of choice. I usually layer up 2-3, depending on what my skin needs. A clay one on my T-zone, an antioxidant one and then a moisture one afterwards, just to plump up my skin. Usually, during the first mask, I choose what I want to watch/marathon and then make my way through my tea, which has cooled down to a sip-able level. Then I start watching. Once my face feel appropriately still (it's the wonderful clay), I'll go gently take it off, before layering on another (like an antioxidant one, or a Glycolactic one) once my skin is clean and supple. 10-15 minutes later, after I've gone back and continued on with my chosen show/movie, I'll remove the mask and then, generously smother on a moisturising mask. Depends on how long I want to leave it, but my skin usually just soaks it up so well. Plus the smells are always beautiful. 

Then after everything is done, my skin is glowing, and I have Netflix... as well as snacks. Such a good way to spend an evening. Or even an afternoon. Hell, it's the best way to spend a day off. Don't forget to smother your hand with Jurlique's Rose Hand cream after you're done snacking... the scent is divine.

Netflix and Chill 5

My Current choices for actual Netflix and Chilling:

Community (5 series of hilarity. Or 3 series of awesome and then 2 questionable ones, but still funny nonetheless), The Paradise (Costume dramas are always a yes in my book), Reign (a Mary Queen of Scots-Gossip Girl mix, easy to watch and entertaining), Anything Disney - my choices would be Up! and Cinderella, but there are so many choices on there, Pretty Little Liars (OMG I cannot wait for it to come back), House of Cards (There's something to awesomely sinister about this show), Call the Midwife (One of my favourites series... of all time. Gruesome, truthful and brilliant), North and South (One of my favourite costume dramas, think Pride & Prejudice but with Northern accents)

My To-be-watched list is basically endless and there's some that you may recognise:

Orange is the New Black (Yes, I know, I'm kinda one of the only people that hasn't seen this), Breaking Bad (Yes, same applies again), Once Upon a Time (yay, fairytale's all around), Jessica Jones and Daredevil (Yes, all the Comic book love) and I've also got some amazing documentaries to watch about Chatsworth House, Dior and I as well as about Henry VIII's Palace

My favourite Face masks for chillin' with Netflix:

Antipodes Aura Manuka Honey Mask, Ren Glycolactic Radiance Renewal Mask, Jurlique Herbal Recovery Antioxident Gel Mask, Queen Helene Mint Julep Clay Mask and Una Brennan Rose Moisture Mask

And hey, if you have Amazon Instant, check out Parks & Recreation and The Man in the High Castle, as well as Outlander plus so many more original series. So much choice. Some amazing film choices too. 
Netflix and Chill 2
SHARE:

1 comment

  1. What a lovely blog you have. Great post
    Loubna x
    www.glowingblush.com

    ReplyDelete

© bexhowells. All rights reserved.
Blogger templates by pipdig