Saturday 2 January 2016

Mac Pink Lipsticks and Neutral Paint Pots.

DSC_0093

DSC_0094

I'm only a recent convert to Mac Cosmetics, and I only own about five products from the company... shocking, I know. Mustn't all bloggers own dozens and dozens of Mac products? Well, I'm close to half a dozen, so hopefully that counts for something. On my to-buy list from Mac is one of their highlighters, Soft + Gentle, in a stunning gold, and I suppose all of the Top 10 lipsticks on the Mac website (which can be viewed here), because my goodness you guys have fab taste; Ruby Woo, Lady Danger, Blankety...all classic colours that would all look amazing on me *hint hint* I want all the finishes; matte, retro matte, satin, cremesheen... I could go on and on. But for now, let's just talk about two lipsticks. Two of my favourite colours right now. Crosswires and Fanfare (both £15:50), two shades that I hadn't heard that much about until I stumbled upon a few Mac centric posts... (who doesn't love posts about Mac lipsticks?) and found that they're very neutral colours, with the hint of pink/red that was perfect for me what I was looking to buy them.

Crosswires is the brighter pink, a pink with an orange/reddish hit that just looks so divine on the lips, and wears so easily, it made me wonder where this formula had been all my life? So easy to wear - a slick of this doesn't highlight flaky lips, or any dry patches and it wears away surprisingly evenly. Such a classic shade for my collection, which I see filling up with Mac in the future. I have to say, this may be my lipstick of choice for tomorrow. Anything to brighten up a dreary Sunday in work. The same cheer can be said of Fanfare; it's a soft pink neutral, with what is described a 'yellow tone'. I don't know about the yellow tone, but for me, it's a wonderfully gentle colour to wear any time of a year. A brighter neutral than I would usually wear, but a lighter pink than I also wear, so I find myself putting this lipstick in an in-between area when it comes to lip product shades. It's the kinda perfect, 'Yes I'm wearing something on my lips, but it's too subtle to do anything other than draw attention to my lovely lips' shade, and one that I feel has become a welcome addition to my vast array of lip products.

Now onto the eyes; Bare Study and Layin' Low. I do really love a Mac paint pot. The formula's are so creamy and blend able at first, but then they switch, and turn into shades that do not move all day. So even though you've got to work fast in the blending, these products are such brilliant additions to my eyeshadow creams - whether worn as a base, or on their own. Bare Study is a champagne gold, the perfect shade to illuminate the inner corners of the eye, as well as worn all over the lid; it makes me look so awake and lively without being too over the top. This is the kind of colour that I get compliments on and questions referring to what it is: Although when I say 'Bare Study Paint Pot by Mac', only a few people will actually know what that is, so then I get to launch into a full on conversation about eyeshadow and formulation, which I love doing. Don't get me started on stuff like that. It takes me so long to actually stop. Next, and lastly, we have Layin' Low, a more creamy sand beige shade, a darker neutral, perfect for the base of a smoky eye, or even blended into the crease of the eye... it's such a useful shade. A fantastic neutral nude for darker skin tones, but for me, and my ghost like skin, I blend in a little bronze to add more definition and it's a glam eye with very minimal effort. For £14, these paint pots have proven to last a looooong time, especially if you keep the lid on super tight, and I'll be perusing the Mac counters soon for my next purchase. Any recommendations or favourites that I should check out? 

DSC_0095

DSC_0096
SHARE:

3 comments

  1. Fanfare is so pretty, I love my paint pot in Bare study so much that it's one of the only products I've ever hit pan on!
    Coleoftheball xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are some lovely products hun and lovely pictures as always! I need to get some MAC paint pots in my life!! xo

    Jessie | allthingsbeautiful-x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely photographs! I've wanted Crosswires for so long, it's beautiful. I've had Bare Study for over a year now and use it everyday xo

    ReplyDelete

© bexhowells. All rights reserved.
Blogger templates by pipdig